August 7, 2011

Freeze this moment.

We had a such a pleasant, calm, relaxing Sunday afternoon.  Just lazy.  Isn't that what Sundays are for anyway?  Intentional nothingness.

Last night was a LATE night after Jordan's band played at Founders for their final show.  I haven't been out that late in a long time.  Not that I haven't been UP late... or frequently.  :-)  But it meant that today was for rest.

There was a moment of about 15 or 20 minutes when Jordan brought out his neglected acoustic guitar and entertained all of us with some of his talents.  He will just sit and play whatever comes to his heart.  He's good like that.

I think we were all a bit caught up in how good that felt.


This is pretty much what the afternoon looked like.  Jordan jamming, Jude rolling {and sucking on his now-wrinkled toes}, and me snapping away.  I've been self-teaching myself to try to take photos in manual mode.  I know our camera can take better pictures than I have been taking... and the reason is moi.  I'm not educated.  We have decided that, instead of paying someone every 3 or 6 months to take milestone photos of Jude, we are going to invest in a nicer lens for our Nikon D40 and take them ourselves.  Jordan has more expertise with the camera than I do, but I want to get to be better friends with it.  

It also has come to my attention that Jude is growing up VERY QUICKLY.  Like FAST.  SUPER fast.  Remember when I just gave birth, like, yesterday?  Well somehow he is now rolling and laughing and is slowly losing that baby-ish-ness and is turning into a little boy.  So, my goal?  Document.  Lots of pictures.  Lots and lots.  Daily pictures.  I won't post them all on here, but expect a lot more cute baby photo bombs.  I don't think anyone will mind. :-)

I'd love to see some of your favorite pics of your little ones.  Or your loved ones.  Or just your creative outlet.  I know there are closet readers out there who blog themselves.  I can't tell you how many people will randomly tell me "I read your blog."  And I'm shocked!!  I want to know who you are!  I write because I love to write.  I also write because I love to share life with other people.  That is you.  

So I am asking you to reveal yourself!  See that "follow" button on the side?  Click "Join this site".  Then I can know who you are and share the love.  


Believe it or not - I have a Google Reader list a mile long.  I do read your blogs... and don't comment enough, but I have resolved to do so.  This is just one more way to share life, encourage, and love on one another. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsy! I didn't know you had a blog, so I'm happy to have found it from the comment you left on mine! I've also been on a learning adventure with my camera--I got it in February of last year, and I LOVE it--though I still have so far to go. =) I remember when I first made the transition to manual--it was great and it forced me to learn a lot. So I applaud your efforts! Definitely subscribing to your feed with my wordpress reader. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i love my nikon :)
    yeah, practice and experimenting is the way to go for getting better!
    and no flash, playing with aperture, reading Pioneer Woman Cooks' tutorials on photography...helps! :)

    that's a super sweet picture. i wuv it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I already follow your blog which I enjoy because our babies are close in age. I also have an older daughter who will be two at the end of August.
    Your son is adorable so click away with that camera!! It does go by so fast. My blog is www.thetullyfamilyblog.blogspot.com.I love being able to look back at what I blogged about a year ago or what my older daughter was up to around the same age as my younger one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been peeking at your blog for ever now, so I have officially started FOLLOWING you..looking forward to keeping up with your story..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that picture, Lin. You need moments like that often.

    ReplyDelete