August 28, 2011

Dear Jude :: 5 months old



My sweet boy Jude,

Does it still count if I say that EVERY month is just the best ever?  But really, this month was the best.  So much fun!

And talk about milestones!  You have grown so much this month.  You are now VERY interested in everything we are doing, at eating. :-)  You grab at our dinner plates and glasses trying to get a bit for yourself.  You laugh and giggle all the time and are now enjoying peek-a-boo! 

You are rolling over both ways, although you are rolling over back-to-belly way more.  Who would have thought?!?  The baby who LOATHED tummy time is now a tummy sleeper.  I would not have guessed in a million years.


You are also sitting up pretty much on your own!  You are a little wobbly, but you can sit on your own for a good few minutes before toppling over.

You started baby food this month.  I've loved making your food for you and you sure do love eating your food!  You yell out in joy before each bite and haven't found a food you didn't like.  So far it has been rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and avocado.  All homemade with love by your mama. :-)  You are still only breastfed aside from the new solids.  And lately the deal is grabbing at mama's face the entire time you are eating.

You absolutely LOVE your daddy.  He is the light of your life, and I love to see it.  You are all squeals and smiles when he comes home and you just love to play "blast-off" or "super-baby" or "airplane" with daddy. 


And you are a GOOF ball.  You love "talking" and doing things just to get a reaction out of your daddy and me.  I can tell you're going to be a little comedian.  

You are sleeping much better these days.  Bed-time is still 7:30pm and you'll sleep until about 3-5am, wake for a feeding, then right back to bed until 7:30ish.  This is due largely to the fact that you can now find the paci and put it in your mouth ALL BY YOURSELF!!  No more screaming at night waiting for Mama to put it in a zillion times.  You are getting to be more independent!  I know it won't be long before you will do the whole 12 hour stretch.  Your mama can't WAIT for that day! :-)


You are so much fun and the sweetest boy ever.  It continues to be my pure joy to spend every day with you.  I can't wait to see what the next month holds.

Lots of kisses,

Mama

3 comments:

  1. He was definitely squealing to get his daddy to laugh the other night. His eyes never left Jordan...he'd squeal, Jordan would laugh, Jude would smile, Jordan would stop laughing, Jude would squeal, Jordan would laugh, over and over. So fun to watch...soooo precious! <3 my grandson so much.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I cannot believe that Jude is already 5 months old! Where has the time gone? Congrats on making the decision to stay home full time, I'm sure you'll love it!

    In response to your question on my blog, no I haven't started my cycle again yet. I'm taking OPKs daily to see if I ovulate, but if I haven't started my cycle/ovulated by the time Piper is 6 months old, I will stop pumping. I love giving her BM, but we don't want to wait too long to start trying again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you do anything to "help" him sleep through the night? Or, did he just start doing it on his own? :-)

    ReplyDelete