February 17, 2011

Sick. Sick. Sick.

I have been sick MORE during this pregnancy than ever in my life, I swear.  Makes sense... your immune system is down to help protect the baby, but it is just NO fun.  I got the flu this week... or something like it.  Sinus/chest cold plus a fever of about 101 for 3 days.  Not fun.  Today is the first day I haven't had a fever and I feel MUCH better without the aches and chills, but still have this nasty cold.  I'm so sad... because of this I decided to cancel my baby shower this weekend. :-(  Nobody wants to get this, and since many of the people who will be there are either pregnant or have babies, I especially don't want to pass along any lingering germs.  I am just grateful that, if I am going to get sick, it happens NOW so I can be healthy when it is time to welcome this baby into the world!!

38 days to go (give or take)... I still can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment