February 20, 2011

35 weeks.

What an odd week.  I feel like I just slept away a week of my life... wait, I did.  Haha.  I have 14 days left of work... 35 days of life until my due date... and holy moly, time isn't slowing down.  Despite being horribly sick last week, I was still able to enjoy the weekend and spend time with my mom and dad and sister. {and sorry if I got any of you sick...}

Today's date: February 20, 2011

How far along: 35 weeks

Total weight gain: 26-ish lbs. (but I haven't weighed myself in a few days)

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon).

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: Sweatpants.

Sleep: I have a good system going.  I figured out how to finally get somewhat comfortable and have had some great nights of sleep.  Although, the Tylenol PM I took a few of those nights to manage the fever may have played a role in that.  Still... I'm grateful for sleep.  And I'm sorry to my husband for taking up 7/8ths of the bed.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  Seeing my mom and dad and sister on Saturday. :-)  I was supposed to have a shower on Saturday, but the flu bug canceled that.  It was still fun to see my family and celebrate the boy.

Movement: Still a lot, but the big movements are getting less and less as he gets bigger.  But - those movements are getting a bit more uncomfortable.  He's a strong boy!
 
Food cravings/aversions:  None at the moment.  I do see a banana/blueberry smoothie in my future though.

Morning sickness: None really.
 
Symptoms: Getting more pressure and achiness near the exit point.  I don't think he has "dropped" but I feel like he is getting lower and lower.  I am more uncomfortable at least.  At this point, laying down or sitting on my exercise ball is definitely most comfortable.
 
Labor signs:
  Still nothing.  I'm beginning to wonder what these "contractions" feel like, because I've never felt anything.

Belly button in or out:  
I feel like it is on the verge.  If it lasts 5 more weeks I'll be amazed.
 
What I miss:  Sleeping on my back or stomach.

What I'm looking forward to:  The arrival of Baby Boes {my good friend Mandy is due March 1st, but I'd be seriously shocked if she makes it there}.  I feel like once she is born, it is all go for Baby Griffis.


What's happening this week:
 
Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Your uterus — which was entirely tucked away inside your pelvis when you conceived — now reaches up under your rib cage. If you could peek inside your womb, you'd see that there's more baby than amniotic fluid in there now. Your ballooning uterus is crowding your other internal organs, too, which is why you probably have to urinate more often and may be dealing with heartburn and other gastrointestinal distress. If you're not grappling with these annoyances, you're one of the lucky few. {Unfortunately, I haven't been quite so lucky.}


{baby boy weighs about as much as a honeydew melon}

2 comments:

  1. You are SOOO close! I can't believe it! Sorry to hear you were sick last week and that you had to cancel your shower, that's such a bummer. I hope you are feeling better!

    Thanks for the info on maternity clothes :). I think Brandon is sick of me having to buy new clothes... Oh, and I would LOVE to get coffee with you and Betsy some time soon! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy,
    I found your blog through another follower and knew I had to follow you since our due dates are 1 day apart. Then I looked at your belly shots and realized you are my "friend" on BBC too - what a small world! Looks like we'll both be chronicling parenthood on our blogs :)
    http://enjoylifeandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete