February 6, 2011

33 weeks.

Today's date: February 6, 2011

How far along: 33 weeks

Total weight gain: 24 lbs "officially" at the doctors.  Blahhh.

Size and growth of the baby: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: Even those seem tight lately.  Sweatpants it is.

Sleep: On and off.  Hips still hurt, but I've had some good nights.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  As you can see from the previous post - we had the blizzard of the year last week.  It was CRAZY and really put me behind at work, because I didn't go in for 2 days, but it allowed me to get a ton of stuff done around the house.  Organizing closets, finishing up all my craft projects for the nursery, and washing the baby clothes.  I feel more and more ready for this little guy!  Once I get the nursery 100% ready I'll post pics.

Movement: Lots!!  Dr. says he is head down, which is GREAT! 
 
Food cravings/aversions:  I want thai food... and I haven't gotten it yet. 

Morning sickness: None, except I have felt more icky lately just because I am so squished.
 
Symptoms: Pretty constant heartburn. :-P  It doesn't take much at this point.  In general I am feeling pretty squished.  I feel super out of shape - getting winded going up the stairs at work... but I have an excuse. :-)  I am beginning to understand how women feel totally ready to push the baby out by the time their pregnancy is full term.
 
Labor signs:
  Nothing yet.  Not even any braxton hicks.

Belly button in or out:  
Flatty flat flat.
 
What I miss:  Sleeping on my back or stomach.

What I'm looking forward to:  Baby shower in a couple of weekends... and I get to see sister! :-)


What's happening this week:
 
He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

{baby G weighs about as much as a pineapple}

No comments:

Post a Comment