February 13, 2011

34 weeks.

The end is feeling closer and closer.  In a good way.  I think I am beginning to understand why women beg for labor in the final weeks.  Everything is harder... and everything is achy.  I am trying to cherish feeling the movements inside, though, because I know it won't be long before that is over!  I somehow caught a cold over the weekend (surprise, surprise) and am just feeling out of it.  I'm ready to feel healthy and "normal" again.  Although I'm not sure I remember what it feels like to not be pregnant.  Was I really ever able to roll over at night without making a huge deal of it?  And I could put on my shoes without grunting?  And I could walk up the stairs without huffing and puffing?  Yesterday we had some AMAZING weather and it made me miss running. :-)  I am glad that once this babe comes, spring will be hear and running weather will be right around the corner.  I'll need that!! 

Anyway - 34 WEEKS DOWN -- 6 TO GO!!

Today's date: February 13, 2011

How far along: 34 weeks

Total weight gain: 25-ish lbs.

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: Not even.  Sweatpants.

Sleep: On and off.  Hips still hurt, but I've had some good nights.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  Girls night on Friday night. :-)  Probably the last one before Baby Boes and Baby Griffis are here!!  I can also tell you the WORST moment of the week was when our drain was SOOO clogged that it took Jordan probably 10+ hours to fix the problem.  There goes our Saturday together.  At least I can do dishes now. :-)

Movement: Lots!  Last night he discovered how to push off from my ribs and throw himself into the other side of my stomach.  I'm sure it would have been interesting to watch had it not been 1am. 
 
Food cravings/aversions:  I still want thai food.  But for Valentines Day Jordan is going to grill us steaks.  Yummmm!!  Second best. ;-) 

Morning sickness: None, except I have felt more icky lately just because I am so squished.
 
Symptoms: Squished.  Tired. :-)
 
Labor signs:
  Still nothing - but I'll take that as a good sign.

Belly button in or out:  
I'm wondering if it is going to pop these days.  It just might!  On another note I am happy to report NO stretch marks!!  Amazingly enough. :-D
 
What I miss:  Sleeping on my back or stomach.

What I'm looking forward to:  Baby shower next weekend... and I get to see sister! :-)


What's happening this week:
 
His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once she's born — are filling his out, making her rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. {YAY!!}

{Baby Boy weighs about as much as a cantaloupe!}

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It won't be long now! I'm really looking forward to this weekend, too!:-D

    ReplyDelete