March 11, 2012

Baby #2 :: 24 weeks

The weeks are truly flying by at this point.  We're going to have a brand new baby boy in a matter of 3.5 months.  Less than 16 weeks.  To put this in perspective, Thanksgiving was less than 16 weeks ago.  That feels forever ago and just yesterday at the same time.  However, I feel the same way about Jude's birth... which was nearly one year ago. {Although we don't talk about that.}

Anyway... 24 weeks down, less than 16 to go!


Today's date: March 11, 2012

How far along: 24 weeks
 + 1 day
 
Total weight gain:  Approximately 10 lbs.  Yeah, it caught up with me!


Size and growth of the baby: 
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up.
 
Gender: Baby brother on the way!!


Maternity clothes: Yes.  Still squeezing into regular tops, though.


Sleep: Oh, man.  Not a good day to ask about that.  My poor little man is sick {fever and all} so the past two days - HORRIBLE.  But otherwise, not too shabby.
 

Best moment(s) of the week: LOVED the women's retreat at church this weekend.  I'm sure I'll post about it at some point this week.  Very encouraging, inspiring, and challenging.

Movement: All the time!   

Food cravings/aversions: Pretty much, if it is bad for me, I want it.  *sigh*


Morning sickness: Hasta la vista!

Symptoms: Heartburn.  Growing belly.  Ya know.

Labor signs: Too soon!  Although I have already started having braxton hicks contractions.  They're rare, but they happen!


Belly button in or out: In.
 

What I miss: Energy!!


What I'm looking forward to: Another Dr. appt this week on Wednesday!  The rest of the month is packed with fun, a trip to IKEA, and then ends with Jude's 1st birthday. ACK!!!


See how things were going when I was 24 weeks pregnant with Jude.   

No comments:

Post a Comment