March 22, 2012

Lately...

Lately...


  • It's been in the 80's here... in March.  And we just caved and turned on our A.C. last night.  Probably because Jordan got home and Jude was practically naked and I may have looked like I melted into a puddle.  But it's on now.  Ahhh...  
  • Baby G2 is taking after his brother.  Moving like a maniac and growing right on schedule.  We're to the part where I can feel those little feet and elbows right through my belly.  SO fun.  But we're also close to the part where I get feet and elbows stuck in my ribs, while also kicking my bladder.  I'm enjoying 2nd trimester... for another two weeks.
  • Oh, and the other kiddo... umm... he turns 1 in less than a week.  ONE.  YEAR.  OLD.  'nuff said.  I can't wait for his birthday party with family and friends.  But still.  I have a one year old.
  • I'm excited to start this study with my bible study girls this week.  Still probably one of my most favorite points in the week.  A breath of fresh air.
  • Jude is learning a ton.  He knows where his ear and foot is.  Even though if you ask him where his nose is, he still points to his ear. :-)  He is also starting to throw lovely tantrums when things don't go his way.  Welcome to toddler-hood.
  • I have a super long list of books to read.  Radical is on the top of it.  I'm about 6 chapters in.  I also have the Hunger Games loaded on my Kindle, ready to go.  But I have new-book anxiety.  I'm afraid to start one because it will suck me in and take all my time.  Crazy, right?
  • I realized I have not worked full-time in a year.  I took maternity leave a week before Jude was born.  We can just call the theme of this post: I can't believe how fast time flies.
  • I'm loving my iPhone.  It's simplified my life more than I expected.  I hardly need to get on the computer anymore (except to blog of course).  Oh, and Instagram.  Love.
  • I'm having a hard time switching Jude from the bottle to the sippy.  He's a sipper.  He doesn't guzzle down milk in a sippy at all.  A bottle, yes.  Not so in a sippy.  I'm a little stressed that he isn't getting enough milk (we're down to 1 bottle before bed).  But at the same time I'm kind of in the camp that doesn't think he needs 24oz of milk a day if he is getting nutrition from healthy food.  Right now we're lucky if he drinks 16oz a day.
  • I'm having a horrible time picking out a name for baby #2.  I felt settled on a name and then was second guessing... it just didn't feel right.  Like Jude felt so perfect.  I still feel like that name is a front-runner.  But we will see.  I'm always taking suggestions!
  • I'm trying to focus on building God's kingdom instead of my own.  In all areas of my life.  My marriage.  My kids.  My home.  What does that mean for me?  Today.

...






No comments:

Post a Comment