November 28, 2011

Dear Jude :: 8 months


Dear Jude,

You are growing like a weed.  You gained 2 pounds between 6 and 7 months and I'm sure you weigh at least 18.5-19lbs by now!  You are getting taller and taller too.  And let's not even mention your hair.


It is a crazy mess!  I feel like if I want a cute clean-cut boy I gotta get the scissors out NOW.  But... I kinda like the messy long-haired boy look.  We'll rock it for at least another month. :-)

You're still in 6-9 month clothes, but are basically busting out of your sleepers, you long boy you.  So we went on a shopping spree the other day to stock up on 12 month clothes.  I can't believe it!!  


I thought for sure you'd be crawling by Thanksgiving, but you've decided that rolling is easier, so you still pretty much roll everywhere you need to go.  You have started to get on your knees and do a bit of an army crawl.  I bet by Christmas you'll be all over the place.  

You are also SUCH a comedian.  You have figured out what makes people laugh and your sense of humor is developing more and more.  You are such a goof-ball and I love that about you!

Crazy hair!!
We are no longer nursing at all {a story for another post}.  This made mama sad, but you made it clear that you were DONE!  And my supply just wasn't enough for you anymore.  So, now you get about 24oz of formula a day.  This is usually between 3-4 bottles.  We use Earth's Best Organic Formula and you haven't complained once.  You also eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner of solid food.  You LOVE the green Puff's.  And you love more and more finger food.  Some of your favorites are avocado, blueberries, pears, and bananas.  But you have about 4-5 jars of babyfood also each day.

And you are SLEEPING. THROUGH. THE. NIGHT.  For you, this means 12-13 hours.  7pm until 7/8am.  This is just amazing. 

Oh... and one more thing... you're going to be a BIG BROTHER!!  You're going to be the best {and littlest} big brother there is. :-)  I can't wait to see you and your new sibling play together and just love each other!



I love you more and more every day.  Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life!

Mmmmmwa!

Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! THats so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Question... how on earth is Jude sttn!?! What a blessing! Do you think it correlates to formula? So happy for you!!! How is he napping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love the crazy hair . . . and his button nose . . . and his big smile . . .

    ReplyDelete