November 16, 2011

A load of crock.

Tonight I am bringing dinner to some dear friends who just welcomed a new little bundle to their family a few weeks ago.  I resorted to my favorite "bring 'em a meal" recipe, Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili by skinnytaste.  I've found quite a few excellent recipes from her site!

Source: SkinnyTaste.com
Doesn't it look delicious??  This morning I threw all the ingredients into the crock pot and put it on high and the aroma of an already-made delicious dinner is slowly filling my home.  And I find myself thinking... 

Why the heck don't I do this more often??

I'm not a cook.  I'm not all that good at it, nor do I like to do it.  Hence, crock pot.  But I rarely use the crock pot.  Not sure why.  But today, I am vowing to change that!  

Today, I'm asking you for your favorite crock-pot recipes.  Link to them in the comments or just write out the recipes.  I'm BEGGING you!!  I will be forever grateful for the many nights you will save me from staring into my refrigerator waiting for that perfect delicious dinner to pop out of nowhere.

4 comments:

  1. Belive it or not, I have ZERO slow cooker recipes on my site! Yikes! That said, I do have one on the way that is awesome--slow cooker Tikka Masala.
    If you're looking for something really easy that makes a ton (and freezes well), you should try this split pea soup:
    http://www.jennaseverythingblog.com/2011/11/01/split-pea-soup/
    You literally toss everything in a pot (okay, with some chopping of the veggies beforehand), and then it just simmers for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://surprisinglysouthern.blogspot.com/2011/01/fix-it-and-forget-it.html

    one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of crockpot cookbooks that you can borrow any time. I need to use mine a lot more, too. I love not having to cook at 5:00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lindsy, i like the slow cooker section from Gluten Free Goddess (http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/09/slow-cooker-and-crock-pot-recipes.html). there are lots of creative ones on there. many are also dairy free!

    ReplyDelete