September 8, 2011

Little sickling.

I have a little sickling on my hands.  Poor little bubba.  He has a runny nose, cough, and is just all-around miserable.

So this mama is loaded up on the tylenol, humidifier, saline nasal spray, and lots and lots of cuddles.  My boy is a weirdo though.  He LOVES having his nose suctioned.  Loves it.  He'll squeal with joy after I do it.  He's a strange little one.  Kinda like he smiles while he coughs and laughs after he sneezes.  Weirdo.  Just another reason to love him to pieces.

Luckily even though he's a sicky he is still mostly in good spirits.  Naps are crap-tastic (hello 30 minute nap), but other than that I think I am more worked up over his sickness than he is!  He has had a few of those "hold me hold me don't put me down!" days.  So we've been doing a lot of this. {excuse the crappy cell-phone pic}


I'm so glad he loves his mei-tai carrier.  I was able to get dinner started, switch out the laundry, and feed the furry kids all with my little bubbado strapped to me.  And he was happy as a clam.

I have a lot to catch up on blog-wise.  Expect a few big posts this week.  Like how I quit my job.  And how I'm attempting a new venture in crafting.  And some updates on my goals and what I've been reading lately.  Lots to say, but right now my bed is calling me after a long day with my little sickling.

2 comments:

  1. Rory got her first cold around that age too. I thought I was using saline and actaully squirted nasel spray up her nose. Mother of the year over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You quit your job? Alright! Can't wait to hear more about it . . . and that carrier looks like an awesome solution to the 'don't put me down' syndrome. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete