May 2, 2011

Stir-crazy no more.

I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  My stir-crazy cooped up in the house days just might be coming to an end.  I am finally feeling well enough to get out and about.  My c-section soreness has seemed to fade the past few days and I DON'T feel like I'm going to rip open when I walk {thank goodness}.  I am finally thinking that I may possibly be able to exercise and run again after all!!  I know all of you told me it takes 2 months to recover... I just am impatient. :-)

So, since I am finally feeling better, I have let my stir-craziness get the best of me.  We went for our first walk outside, our first trip to the mall, AND our first grocery shopping experience!  Thank goodness I wasn't by myself for any of this, but it definitely made me feel more confident.  I feel like I could easily make a quick grocery trip with him and not be terrified. 

I'm feeling ready to exercise too, but I am going to hold off until my 6 week appt next week.  I have this DVD that I can't wait to use.

Ahhh... yoga!!!  I can't wait.  I feel SO stiff and not-stretchy.  This helps to strengthen your ab muscles that are super stretched during pregnancy in a SAFE way (because there are plenty of un-safe ways).  This will be part of my morning routine (during Jude's morning nap) as soon as I get the green light.

I'm also hoping to start the Couch to 5K training program.  I know, it seems pretty easy for someone who has raced a 10K before, but I have not run since last July.  By the time I truly run again it'll be more like 10 or 11 months.  And I've gotten huge, had surgery, had a baby, and am breastfeeding... so I'm taking it easy.  I want to do something I will stick with instead of hurt myself or overdo it and quit.  So... C25K it is.  There is a 10 mile race in September that I would LOVE to do... but we'll see how things go.  If nothing else, I will run the 5K. 

In other news, Jude is so. much. fun.  He is starting to pay more attention to people and things around him and it is just SO fun to watch.  He has started smiling a little bit more.  Jordan must be funnier than me, because he smiles all the time for him. :-)  I'll have to catch it on camera soon!  I still haven't decided if I am going to move him to his crib or not at night.  I had him there all night last night, but I kind of miss him when he's not right next to me.  I know... sappy.  I gotta just do it.  I think we all sleep better there.  He's such a good baby - bedtime and naps, I just need to put him in his crib and he totally knows it is time to sleep.  He doesn't fuss much, just goes right to bed.  In fact, sometimes if he is fussy in his bouncer or when we're holding him, I'll put him to bed in his crib and he'll be out like a light. 

 {silly boy}

Anyway - random post, but such is life!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're getting out more and feeling better when you do! What a blessing that Jude is such an easy baby. I miss my grandson!

    ReplyDelete