May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

My first mother's day.  This year I have a whole new perspective on what it is to be a mom... and I'm only 6 weeks into this gig.  Motherhood shows you how selfish you really are {in a good way... I think}... it shows you how fast life really goes... it shows you how it really is the little things that make up a big wonderful life... it shows you your capability to love {and also to worry...}... it shows you even MORE how dependent we are on our creator... the one who invented life, and love, and babies, and motherhood.  I am learning that being someone's Mama is first and foremost about trust.  If I didn't believe that I could be made perfect in Christ and that God knows the number of my days before I was born... the number of hairs on my head... Gosh, this motherhood thing would be darn near impossible and completely engulfed in worry.

So this Mother's Day, I am thankful that I have the opportunity to be "loaned" my precious Jude by the Creator of the universe.  And that I have the opportunity to grow as a person, as a wife, and as a mother through this.




Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing Mama's out there.  And a special Happy Mother's Day to my own amazing mother... whose love I understand more and more as I experience it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Happy first Mother's Day, precious daughter of mine. <3

    ReplyDelete