May 6, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

I think these award things are so fun.  Just a fun way to show people that you DO read their blog (because we all know tons more people read than comment) and that you appreciate them sharing their life in this way!  One of my followers, Shannon, selected my blog to win the Versatile Blogger Award!  This is kind of fun, because I realize I've never shared some of this info - so it will be educational for some of my followers.  I'll answer the questions and pass the award along. :-)


1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
 
I don't know Shannon in real life, but I think she found my blog because we had the same (or very close) due dates for our little ones.  She has a super cute blog called Enjoy Life and Love, and an even more adorable son who was born 3 days after Jude. 

 
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
 
 1. I am currently on maternity leave and slowly getting the hang of this mom thing.  Being a mom is the most amazing and challenging thing I have ever done.  And I LOVE it.  Click on the link above "My Growing Boy" to read more about pregnancy and see pics of my cutie. 
  
 2. I love to sing and don't do it near enough these days.  In 2005 I did a Summer Project with Keynote, which is a part of Campus Crusade for Christ and toured the mid-west with a pop/rock band singing lead and backup vocals.  We rocked out and shared the gospel all at the same time.  Yes - those two can go together.  That was one of the most amazing, I'll-never-forget experiences of my life.

  3.  I work for an organization called Access of West Michigan and I think it is the best.  They treat us employees like family and I truly call them my "Access family".  We work with hunger and poverty issues in Kent County, MI (where we live).  I am the Development Director and do fundraising and grant writing.  In a mere three weeks I will be going back part-time.  They are so awesome, they are letting me work one day a week in the office and then the rest at home.  We'll see how it goes!!  As Jude's nap times are getting a bit more predictable and longer, I think it will work out just fine. :-)

  4. My sister {Krista} and her husband {Ben} are moving to Jamaica to serve as missionaries with the CCCD - Caribbean Christian Center for the Deaf.  They are currently raising support and hope to be there this fall!  My sister has a degree in Deaf Education and will be teaching the students down there and Ben will manage the work teams that come down to help build the village.  They are currently looking for partners and people to pray for them, so if you are interested in learning more, visit bkbeukema.org.  They also have lots of pictures of what they'll be doing.  We'll miss them... but of course can't complain about a reason to visit Jamaica! ;-)
 
 5. I have the best friends ever.  They really are a huge reason Jordan and I decided to stay in Michigan after we graduated from college.  Jude has tons of "Aunties" that just adore him and we have been so so blessed to have the community that surrounds us.  It has been a huge blessing the past few years since we don't have family nearby.  I can't wait to see all of our kids grow up together.
  
 6. My husband, Jordan, and I met in college at Grand Valley State University.  We were both on the Campus Ministry praise team.  Jordan plays electric guitar and I sing.  We were friends for a long time with no real romantic interest in each other... UNTIL we went on a mission trip together doing Habitat for Humanity in Tallahassee, FL and something just "clicked". :-)  We started dating immediately afterwards.  We were engaged 11 months later and married 6 months after that.  I was only 21!!
  
7. Jordan is in a band where he plays lead electric guitar.  They are called "Those Eighty Acres"  and have kind of a folk/rock sound to them.  I really like them a lot {and I am not just saying that because he is my husband!}.  They have one album out called "1905" and another in the studio right now.  Check them out and look them up on facebook!


3. Pay it forward and award the Versatile Blogger to 15 bloggers. 
Go check out these fabulous blogs!!
  1. Ben & Krista @ bkbeukema.org 
  2. Laura @ betweenthelinesblog.net
  3. Betsy @ thedaintydaisyblog.blogspot.com
  4. Christine @ believinginjune.blogspot.com
  5. Liz @ edalynews.blogspot.com
  6. Emily @ ohapostrophe.blogspot.com
  7. Abby @ pictureunperfectlife.wordpress.com
  8. John {dad} @ johnhaddix.wordpress.com
  9. Betsy @ pbthompson.blogspot.com
  10. Erin @ dejeffries.blogspot.com
  11. Brooke @ timandbrookecollier.wordpress.com
  12. Sarah @ girlandgreatdane.blogspot.com
  13. Jana @ jkenglishsessions.blogspot.com
  14. Veronica @ saraiahsjourney.blogspot.com
  15. Jenna @ jennaseverythingblog.wordpress.com


Enjoy!!

1 comment: