March 7, 2011

Wake up!

So - this baby took being "full term" quite literally that we needed to get some action going.  Last night was a bit of a wake up call... it was SO odd.  I had been feeling suddenly nauseous and was vomiting and all that lovely stuff.  I went to bed around 9:30pm and woke up around 11 or so experiencing contractions (or surges, as they call them in hypnobirthing).  There were definitely "real" contractions with the cramping that stretches around my back and my whole belly... but also Braxton Hicks here and there.  I was still feeling pretty awful and nauseous, so I didn't time them but they weren't clearly regular either.  I pretty much just wished them away so I could sleep.  Haha.  I knew that they would either stop or get stronger.  It lasted for about 3 hours or so before I fell asleep.  When I woke up this morning, the contractions had stopped.  I still feel nauseous to a degree and completely exhausted.  But it was just such an odd experience!  I know you can experience nausea with labor sometimes, but I REALLY hope when it is the real deal I don't have that.  I was trying to focus on the contractions and breathe through properly, but I was so tired for one, and more focused on not throwing up in bed.

I feel like this was a true wake-up call!  We're full-term people!!  That means ANY time.  I've been preparing myself to go overdue, because that is what everyone says first time moms are.  But, after last night I feel like I need to prepare myself to go early if that is what God has planned for us.  The thought never REALLY crossed my mind until that little episode last night.  Holy moly - we're having a baby... sometime... in the next month. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Stuff is happening! And who knows, last night may have taken you to a new centimeter!!! You'll do awesome when the 'real deal' happens. Can't wait to cuddle him!!!

    ReplyDelete