March 6, 2011

37 weeks.

FULL TERM.  And I am glad to be here... I go back and forth from being like "holycrapwe'reactuallygoingtohaveababy" to "getthisbabyoutofme".  I feel like today it suddenly became more real to me that this baby is coming one way or another.  I don't know why, but I have been experiencing spontaneous bouts of nausea/vomiting tonight.  I have heard that this can be a sign of impending labor, or just simply another lovely third trimester symptom.  Time has yet to tell.  But just the idea that labor could happen any second makes me suddenly very aware of how real this is now.

Today's date: March 6, 2011

How far along: 37 weeks

Total weight gain: 28 lbs is the official number at the Dr.'s.  I'm gaining the textbook 1lb a week at this point.

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard).

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: Sweatpants.

Sleep: I long for sleep... but we've been on again off again for awhile now.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  Date night with my hubby on Saturday night!  Thai food (yum) and a movie... which was good, but I found myself wishing I had brought my slew of pillows to help make me comfortable.

Movement: Less this week... which I have been told to expect.  He is getting much bigger and is running out of room.  Still regular movement though.
 
Food cravings/aversions:  Ice cream, as always.  But after my recent nausea, nothing sounds good right now.  Blah.
 
Morning sickness: Yes!  What the heck third trimester?!
 
Symptoms: Cramping, achiness.  The baby has dropped (and this was confirmed by my doctor) and I have to waddle as opposed to walk sometimes.
 
Labor signs:
  No action there.  Not dilated or effaced.  Although I know this means jack squat.

Belly button in or out: 
On the verge.
 
What I miss: 
Sleep.  I have a feeling it'll be awhile before we reunite.  

What I'm looking forward to:  As much as I love my job (and I do)... I'm exhausted, and uncomfortable, and totally distracted.  I'm ready to be done and focus on this little guy for awhile.  My last day of work is March 16 and I'm glad to have at least a week (hopefully) to just relax and prepare.  Of course, this guy could have totally different plans, so we'll just see.


What's happening this week:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. 
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

{swiss chard sounds disgusting... and looks disgusting... why compare this to a baby?!}

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of 3rd trimester nausea. I'm sorry!! And I'm with you on the Swiss chard though...gracious. If you need anything, let me know, honey. I'll see you soon, baby g!!

    ReplyDelete