March 20, 2011

39 weeks.

I had a fairly uneventful week.  No weird nights full of contractions.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Still pregnant... waiting waiting waiting.  I am officially on maternity leave and my full-time job is to get ready for this little guy.  Jordan and I had a "day of nesting extravaganza" yesterday and organized our offices, book shelves, closets, etc.  I'm now wondering what the heck I am going to do if this guy seriously doesn't come for another two plus weeks.  It is totally possible.  Luckily I still have my sewing machine and lots of cute things to make. :-)  I will do a post soon on all the things I have made so far.

Anyway - 39 weeks down... ONE to go!!

Today's date: March 20, 2011

How far along: 39 weeks

Total weight gain: I wish I had never started this section... 30lbs this week... wah wah wah.

Size and growth of the baby: He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon {finally a normal fruit}. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.)

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: Sweatpants.

Sleep: There are good nights and bad nights.  Contractions at night have become a regular thing - but it is usually just once or twice and they're gone.  I haven't stayed up for hours wondering if this is it in a couple of weeks.  I read, though, that when your bladder is really full it can stimulate contractions.  The uterus is a sensitive thing, I guess!
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  I love weekends without plans.  Jordan and I have had ZERO plans all weekend and it was glorious.  We had another mini-date on Friday night and went out to T.G.I. Friday's because I had a coupon.  Then Saturday was our cleaning day extravaganza - that and watching March Madness (which I have surprisingly come to enjoy - especially since I filled out a bracket and can actually root for a certain team).

Movement: Same old same old.  Still trying to convince him that he's not supposed to come out of my belly button - so he can stop trying.
 
Food cravings/aversions:  Just hungry all the time.
 
Morning sickness: Feeling good!
 
Symptoms: Cramping, achy, some braxton hicks/contractions.
 
Labor signs:
  Some random contractions.  Otherwise - the doctor didn't check me this week (he doesn't unless you are overdue or in labor) so I can't be sure.  Any day now!

Belly button in or out: 
It is definitely not "in" anymore... I think it is as out as it is going to be.
 
What I miss: 
My not-pregnant body... although, I hear when I am not pregnant I will miss my pregnant body.  The grass is always greener, huh? 

What I'm looking forward to:  I am looking forward to having this BABY!! 


What's happening this week:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.


2 comments:

  1. Wait. Did you say that you actually filled out a NCAA bracket? I'm in shock. Then again, I remember Aunt Sheila waiting for Richie to come during the World Series (and I think Atlanta was in it) and she got hooked watching baseball for the first time. Funny what these last weeks of pregnancy will make you do.:-)

    BTW, 30 lb. is perfect. I gained 31 with one of you and 31 with the other...can't remember the order.

    Love you! Love baby G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just found your blog through Angie @ Dear Kaylin and thought I'd stop by.

    I'll admit, though, the only reason your blog caught my eye, is because my maiden name is Griffis. :)

    ReplyDelete