March 13, 2011

38 weeks.

I have a feeling that the next two weeks are going to feel just as long as the last 9 months combined.  I say this every week, but I can't believe how close we are to meeting our little guy.  I am SO EXCITED.  This is my last week of work before maternity leave.  I am ready.  I am looking forward to having time to myself to just focus on preparing for giving birth and parenthood (as much as I can).

Today's date: March 13, 2011

How far along: 38 weeks

Total weight gain: 28.5 lbs

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek).

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: Sweatpants.

Sleep: I am great at napping... sleeping at night - not so much.  I guess I better get used to it.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  Our wonderful house church threw us a mini baby-shower yesterday. :-)  I am just overwhelmed with the wonderful community we have around us.  While we don't live close by any family - we have an AWESOME church family and group of friends that I know pray for us and will be instrumental in the life of our child.  I just feel so blessed.

Movement: We won't talk about how he was air drumming on my ribs last night at 1am.
 
Food cravings/aversions:  I'm feeling guilty of my recent indulgences - so I'm really trying to eat healthy this week. 
 
Morning sickness: Not since last week - thank goodness!
 
Symptoms: Cramping, achy, some braxton hicks.
 
Labor signs:
  Some random contractions.  Otherwise - the doctor didn't check me this week (no need to really) so I can't be sure.  Any day now!

Belly button in or out: 
On the verge.
 
What I miss: 
Sleep.  I have a feeling it'll be awhile before we reunite.  

What I'm looking forward to:  I am looking forward to having this BABY!!  And the next two weekends are pretty much clear so he can come any time.  If he doesn't - then I have another laid back weekend with Jordan and that is fine too. :-)


What's happening this week:

He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.) {this baby will DEFINITELY have blue eyes}

{baby is about as long as a leek... seriously - what is with the odd and ugly fruit comparisons?}

No comments:

Post a Comment