December 26, 2010

27 weeks.

3rd trimester is within reach... and I can feel it -- in my back, hips, sciatic nerve... oye!  But - we are closer to meeting this little guy now more than ever. 
 
Today's date: December 26, 2010 {Merry Christmas!}

How far along: 27 weeks

Total weight gain: 18 lbs. 

Size and growth of the baby: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: EVERYTHING-ish!!

Sleep: It is getting rougher and rougher.  I can't lay on one side for too long without being sore.  I am most comfortable on my back, but that is a no-no and if I stay that way too long, I feel like I am suffocating.  I am MOST comfortable on the couch right now.  Or with a bazillion pillows.

Best moment(s) of the week: Christmas of course!!  Celebrating the birth of our savior and spending time with family and friends.

Movement: More and more frequent!  But I am feeling more of the small movements.  There are fewer large kicks (because he is running out of space) but my entire stomach waves when he gets wiggly.  It is pretty surreal.

Food cravings/aversions:  Well... in the past week I have discovered Udi's Gluten-Free bread... A-MAZING!!!!!!  It is seriously the most "real" tasting bread I have found.  So I am back to eating sandwiches and bagels and everything bready and delicious because I can!

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!
 
Symptoms: Back aches galore... I need to see a massage therapist and a chiropractor.  Other than that, I feel okay these ays.
 
Labor signs:
  Too soon... but not too soon to think about what kind of birth experience I want. (to come in a different post)

Belly button in or out:  
 In - but definitely feeling shallower! 

What I miss:  Being able to stand/walk for long periods of time... I am getting more and more achy every day.

What I'm looking forward to:  I have the rest of this week off of work and am looking forward to sewing more adorable things for my little guy and enjoying the week to relax.


What's happening this week:
 
He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.




No comments:

Post a Comment