December 19, 2010

26 weeks.

*sigh*  I am bad at updating.  I suppose I could use the excuse that it is the BUSIEST time of the year... then again, I haven't worked since last week Thursday.  I am still busy.  Running errands, wrapping presents, catching up with friends.  So there is a good reason, and I'll stop neglecting you now.

Today's date: December 19, 2010 

How far along: 26 weeks

Total weight gain: 16-17 lbs.  But this was after two Christmas parties.  I'm justifying it.

Size and growth of the baby: He's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.  {P.S. who has ever heard of an English hothouse cucumber??  Are they different from normal cucumbers??}

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: EVERYTHING-ish!!

Sleep: Sleeping well for the most part!  I will get sore if I spend too long on one side or another though.

Best moment(s) of the week: LOTS and lots of Christmas parties... loving it!!

Movement: He is a little acrobat in there.  It is a bit uncomfortable... he seems to like to rub me right on my belly button, which doesn't feel all that wonderful.  But I'll take it. :-)

Food cravings/aversions:  Nothing much!  I'm really trying to be mindful of how healthy I am eating - otherwise I'm sure I would be indulging in chocolate and sweets like CRAZY.

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!
 
Symptoms: Tired, expanding belly, horrible dry skin, acid reflux, and getting kicked/punched in the bladder. :-) 
 
Labor signs:
 WAY too soon.

Belly button in or out:  
 In - but definitely feeling shallower! 

What I miss:  Being able to stand/walk for long periods of time... I am getting more and more achy every day.

What I'm looking forward to:  CHRISTMAS this week!!  Seeing family for about 5 days and continuing to work on stuff for the nursery.  Then we welcome the New Year -- AND 3rd trimester!!


What's happening this week:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


1 comment:

  1. YAY! 26 weeks...it seems like your pregnancy is just flying by! And, yes, I LOVE english hothouse cucumbers...they are, in my opinion, way better than your standard cucumber. They are thinner and crisper, but more expensive. So now you know :). Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete