November 28, 2010

23 weeks.

Another week on the books!  Only 17 to go.  I still feel like this is flying.  And I look at my belly and think there is NO way it can get any bigger, but I know it is going to get WAY WAY bigger.  I'll post a pic next week.  Anyway - updates!!



Today's date: November 28, 2010 

How far along: 23 weeks

Total weight gain: 11-12 lbs.  (Surprising I didn't really gain any weight over Thanksgiving!)

Size and growth of the baby: He's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango).

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, and busting out of my regular shirts lately. :-( 

Sleep: Still tossing and turning due to back pain... not getting up to pee as often though.  I think he has finally moved up and is not sitting so low.

Best moment(s) of the week: I am loving feeling this baby boy move.  That is all. :-)  

Movement: Still have a baby acrobat in there. :-)

Food cravings/aversions:  Nothing much!  Thanksgiving was AMAZING though and I stuffed myself silly - and didn't hardly gain weight!  Score!

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!
 
Symptoms: Tired, expanding belly, horrible dry skin,   I can't really complain!

Labor signs:
 WAY too soon... hopefully we don't have to think about that for at least another 16 weeks!

Belly button in or out:  
 In - but definitely feeling shallower! 

What I miss:  Sleeping comfortably.  Cute clothes.

What I'm looking forward to:  CHICAGO trip this weekend!!  Yay for a get-away with my hubby.  Then the next weekend we're painting the nursery and I have LOTS of items on my "to-do" list to sew.  


What's happening this week:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb (That's a good thing!!).  Swollen from head to toe? Increased blood flow, by now an old friend, is to blame. Consider a trip to the shoe store because loosening ligaments will cause your feet to expand even more in the weeks to come.

{Although Baby G is head-down - a good thing!!)

{23 weeks... baby is about the size of a large mango}


3 comments:

  1. Wow, a sports analogy! Proud of you...ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did I use a sports analogy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo for a trip to chicago!! just in case you were looking for something to do and you are bank of america members...the first weekend of the month admission to the shedd is free (among other museums). I know you're always looking for a good deal :). I'm excited to see your nursery progress and your 24 week picture!

    ReplyDelete