November 14, 2010

21 weeks.

We are over half-way there!!  Given I don't go more than 2 weeks overdue, in which case I think I'd shoot myself.  I'm going to keep this short and sweet.  I've been sick all weekend - stupid congestion and cold.  I am doing everything in my power to get over it quickly, but it is hard when you can't really take much for it.  UGH.



Today's date: November 14, 2010 

How far along: 21 weeks

Total weight gain: 8-9 lbs.  

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long —the length of a carrot.  (Baby Boy was actually 12oz on Wednesday when we had our ultrasound!)

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but still wearing regular shirts.  

Sleep: Still tossing and turning.  My back and hips are getting pretty uncomfortable.  When I can actually sleep it is glorious though.

Best moment(s) of the week: Obviously the ultrasound letting us know our baby was perfectly healthy in every way!!  Oh - and it's a boy. :-)  The Dr. said his growth is in the 42nd percentile, which is perfect right now.  Although, I know measuring growth via ultrasound is not all that accurate.  Good news is he has 10 fingers and 10 toes, and all looks great!!

Movement: I have got a serious wiggle worm in my belly!  He goes crazy in the mornings when I  first wake up and stretch out.  I feel him more all-day long though.

Food cravings/aversions: Still craving orange juice.  I think I drank an entire container in 24 hours this weekend. :-o

Morning sickness: Feeling good!! (minus the sinus issues)

Symptoms: Still tired... belly is growing... babe is kicking.  I can't really complain!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
 In - but definitely feeling shallower! 

What I miss: 
Right now (not pregnancy related) just being able to breathe.  I still wish I could sleep comfortably, but I know that's a long ways out.

What I'm looking forward to: Nothing specifically - just continuing on this journey!  And buying more baby clothes and starting my baby quilt. :-)


What's happening this week:

You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well. (NOPE!)  Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth.



2 comments:

  1. Is that a measurement to the feet now? (Since it doesn't say head to bottom?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - after 20 weeks they measure head to feet. Before then the legs aren't developed enough to count - especially very early on.

    ReplyDelete