November 7, 2010

20 weeks.

We are HALF-WAY THERE!!!  Wow.  I can't believe it.  The last 20 weeks have just FLOWN by, and with the holidays just around the corner, I feel like before I know it I am going to be just a month away from pushing this baby out!!  


So here is the weekly update - the last one before our baby finally has a known gender!!



Today's date: November 7, 2010 

How far along: 20 weeks

Total weight gain: 7 lbs.  

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

Sex: 3 DAYS AWAY!!!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but still wearing regular shirts.  

Sleep: Still tossing and turning.  My back and hips are getting pretty uncomfortable.  When I can actually sleep it is glorious though.

Best moment(s) of the week: Jordan felt the babe for the first time on Friday night!!  It has been moving like crazy, and he was able to feel it on the outside of my stomach.  I was sooo happy he was able to share in that!!

Movement: More and more every day!  

Food cravings/aversions: Chocolate, orange juice, and the latest - fruit punch!

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!

Symptoms: Still tired... belly is growing... babe is kicking.  I can't really complain!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
 In - but definitely feeling shallower! I thought there is no way it would pop out, but now I am not so sure!! 

What I miss: Just being comfortable.  But I know I have about 20 more weeks of discomfort and I am willing to pay that price! :-)

What I'm looking forward to: Gender ultrasound in 3 days!!  Praying for a healthy baby.


What's happening this week:

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).  Lovely!!  And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.


{Cantaloupe Baby}


And now for the baby bump!!  Definitely looking rounder these days! :-)




7 comments:

  1. You look great Lindsy! Can't wait to hear about the gender ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see you soon and that adorable baby bump!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and your belly sticks out further than your boobs....now THAT is some belly growth! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! Bets - you know that is the true sign of a preggo belly (at least for girls like us).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look all gorgeous and glowy! Can't wait to hear the U/S results :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, you look great! Halfway! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your belly is SOOOO cute! I have belly envy! I'm excited for your ultrasound Wednesday...only two more days :).

    ReplyDelete