November 21, 2010

22 weeks.

5 months down, 4 to go!!  CRAZY.  This marks the half-way point of when we found out we were pregnant.  We found out exactly 18 weeks ago, and we have 18 weeks to go!  I am feeling great for the most part, and enjoying actually looking pregnant but still being comfortable for the most part.  I know that will all change soon!

Today's date: November 21, 2010 

How far along: 22 weeks

Total weight gain: 11 lbs.  

Size and growth of the baby: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but still wearing regular shirts... although I had to change shirts maybe 5 times today in order to find one that was long enough. 

Sleep: Still tossing and turning, but I have been sleeping a lot better lately.

Best moment(s) of the week: I am loving feeling this baby boy move.  He goes CRAZY in the mornings and it is just the most insane feeling.  Oh - and I haven't been able to stay away from the baby clothes section at any store I am at.  I am pretty sure that my son will for SURE have enough clothes.

Movement: Still have a baby acrobat in there. :-)

Food cravings/aversions: Hmm... no strong cravings.  I'm really trying to eat healthily now.  I have 18 weeks left and would love it if I could gain 15lbs or or so in that time.  Of course a healthy baby is #1. :-)  But - all that to say - I am trying not to give into my ice cream and chocolate cravings so much.

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!
 
Symptoms: Tired, expanding belly, horrible dry skin,   I can't really complain!

Labor signs:
WAY too soon... hopefully we don't have to think about that for at least another 16 weeks!

Belly button in or out: 
 In - but definitely feeling shallower! 

What I miss: 
Right now (not pregnancy related) just being able to breathe.  I still wish I could sleep comfortably, but I know that's a long ways out.

What I'm looking forward to: I bought fabric for my baby quilt and I can't wait to start sewing!


What's happening this week:

Baby's lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment