October 27, 2010

18 weeks... and 3 days.

Could this week get any busier??  Here is my 18 week update - 3 days late.  I hope nobody minds that it isn't right on schedule (mom). :-)

In exactly two weeks from today we will know the gender of our little jumping jelly bean!  I had my first gender dream last night.  I dreamt I gave birth to a baby boy that looked a lot like me (yay!).  I was caring for him, changing his diaper, feeding him - and OH so in love!!  And then the baby turned into my dog and I was trying to care for her the same way I would a baby.  MESSED up.  Anyway... I feel like I fell in love with that baby in my dream, and I really hope I am not disappointed if we find out it is a girl. :-)  I will love my baby no matter the gender, but the boy vibes are coming in strong these days!!

So - I feel like I popped in the last week and a half or so.  The girls at work this week were suddenly "Woah - you look pregnant!!" - so that made me feel good.  Maybe I'm finally past that chubby pregnant stage, but we'll see.  So far it is all belly (which is where it is supposed to go and STAY).  But... when I took the picture today, I was slightly surprised at how un-bellyish I look.  I think I feel a ton huger than I look.  And I don't think this picture does my belly justice.  But here it is.

{nevermind how un-cute I look... I was about to go for a walk with a good friend and decided to take the pic last minute}

Well... there it is.  I definitely feel huger.  I can tell I popped - as in I can feel my uterus popped out of my belly and it is now up to by belly button (weird... and sorry for the uterus talk, male readers).  It is SOOO cool though, to be able to feel like a little ball right where the baby is.  SO fun!


So even though I feel way different, I guess I don't look as different as I feel.  Oh well.






Today's date: October 27, 2010 

How far along: 18 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain: Now about 4-5 lbs.  It is definitely catching up with me.  If I am only around 7-8 gained at 20 weeks that will make me happy.

Size and growth of the baby: Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces.

Sex: Gender ultrasound is scheduled for November 10 (2 weeks)!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but still wearing regular shirts.  

Sleep: UGH.  I am having a horrible time adjusting to being a side sleeper.  But being a stomach sleeper just isn't comfortable anymore, and sleeping on my back doesn't feel the greatest either.  *sigh*  I haven't been waking up to use the bathroom as much either.  Maybe a couple times a week I will.  

Best moment(s) of the week: My birthday was on Saturday!! :-D  I have a wonderful husband who let me sleep in and be totally lazy all morning, then we went out to dinner and a movie.  It is so weird to think that this is my last birthday without a child (in the outside world).  But I know 26 is going to be a great year!

Movement: Every day!!  And every day it gets to be more and more.  I feel it mostly after I eat.

Food cravings/aversions: Chocolate... hot chocolate, chocolate milk... you name it.  Yum yum.  And orange juice.  I'm into drinking my calories these days.

Morning sickness: Feeling really good!!!

Symptoms: Still tired... belly is growing... babe is kicking.  I can't really complain!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out:
 
 In. (you guessed it Erin)

What I miss: 
My energy!!  And running.... and sleeping on my stomach.


What I'm looking forward to: Looking MORE pregnant and gender ultrasound in TWO FREAKING WEEKS!!!!!!!!




What's going on this week:

Baby is busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

7 comments:

  1. I can't tell what that item is in the 18 wk. picture that is suppose to represent the size. Seriously, what is it? Haaa.

    I think you look differently from 2 weeks ago, honey...and you definitely look pregnant and not chunky. You should take waist measurements for fun.:-)

    Thanks for the update.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you DON'T look "un-cute" either.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - thanks Mom. That weird item is a sweet potato. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! What a cute belly! And yay for feeling the baby move...I can't wait for that. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your last birthday without baby (next year you'll have a 7 month old on your birthday...crazy!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haa...I think I could've found them a more recognizable picture of a sweet potato. Funny. But sweet potatoes are pretty big! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding out the gender is such a build-up and so exciting! My doctor's office was going to do it at 20 weeks, but I couldn't wait that long, so I went to an elective place at 18 weeks to find out my husband and I were both wrong in "feeling" we were having a girl...because we're having a boy. :)

    P.S. Being a side sleeper DOES suck. I'm a stomach sleeper, so sleeping on my side is killing me...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as that weight keeps piling on, the pressure on your hips gets worse. :( I'm 29 weeks today, and I sleep with 6 pillows, and it doesn't help that hip pain. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - I'm trying not to rely on my "feeling" too much but I can't help but somewhat plan on it being a boy!! I will probably be surprised like you and get a girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete