October 17, 2010

17 weeks.

I've got tons of stuff to be posted about this week (the trip to Indy and the 5K/marathon being only one!), but I don't have the time right now, so that will have to wait!


17 weeks and time is FLYING!!!  Holy moly in 3 weeks we'll be half-way there!


Today's date: October 17, 2010 

How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain: Now about 3 lbs.  I guess it is catching up with me. :-)

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby weighs 5 ounces now, and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. 

Sex: Gender ultrasound is scheduled for November 10!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but still wearing regular shirts.  

Sleep: Sleeping well... but still sleeping on my back some.  My Dr. said it is okay - and before it would become dangerous, your body usually wakes up due to feeling nauseous, so you turn over.  I haven't felt nauseous at all, so I think I'm okay. lol.  But I am still trying to get used to sleeping on my side.  Thank goodness my parents got me a boppy maternity pillow for my birthday!

Best moment(s) of the week: Had an awesome time in Indy this week and mom and I walked the 5K!  As it was starting, I was so sad I wasn't running, but I just didn't feel comfortable with it, after being on rest for 3 months earlier in my pregnancy.  I think the baby wasn't used to so much activity and later on that day I felt it moving quite a bit! 

Movement: It is still sporadic, but it is there!  Sometimes it is very obvious and sometimes subtle.

Food cravings/aversions: Chocolate... hot chocolate, chocolate milk... you name it.  Yum yum.

Morning sickness: Feeling really good!!!

Symptoms: Still super tired (where is that 2nd trimester energy burst??), headaches are diminishing, expanding belly.  Maybe a bit more moody yesterday? :-)

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out:
 In.

What I miss: 
My energy!!  And running. :-(

What I'm looking forward to: 
Looking pregnant (not chunky) and gender ultrasound on November 10 (1 month from today)!



What's going on this week:

Your baby's skeleton is changingfrom soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a onion), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

1 comment:

  1. An onion? Really? I'm sure I could come up with a more pleasant fruit or veggie. (At least they didn't say green pepper.:-)

    The time IS flying, honey! You're going to have a baby soon!!:-D

    ReplyDelete