June 18, 2012

10, 9, 8....

Somehow I've let the last two weeks go by without a peep.  That just goes to show how fast this summer is flying for me.  But the countdown is on.

It wasn't long ago I had a couple of months to go before meeting boy #2 and now here we are with less than 10 days to go.

So, what have I been doing?

Hanging out with this guy.


And despite being massively huge and uncomfortable, we've been taking advantage of our freedom and flexibility before baby brother comes.




Even though Jude is young, he still shows signs of somehow understanding that we are on the verge of a huge life change.  Lately, he's been lifting my shirt and giving my belly huge lip-smacking kisses.  I never told him to do that.  We do talk about how baby is in Mama's belly and we are going to meet baby brother very soon.  But the kissing?  Just too too sweet.  And this morning he just sat in my lap with his head on my shoulder, snuggling for a good 20 minutes.  This never happens.  

I know everything will change when I meet baby brother.  But I can't help it - right now my mind is still 100% on Jude.  Worrying about this transition for him.  Wondering if he is going to be jealous.  Praying that he will have an instant love for his little brother.  I know it might be hard.  But in any case, it is a season.  I have been so encouraged by the many women who have kids 12-18 months apart that say that they just LOVED it.  The boys will grow up together, doing the same things at the same time, playing with the same toys, going through the same stages.  

But, in the meantime, I don't know what it is like to be a Mama of two.  It still kind of blows my mind.  I am having this baby in no more than 9 days.  In many ways I anticipate this day as the day I stop being pregnant... and oh, yeah... I'm going to have another baby to take care of.  

I'm eager to get on to the next stage... the anticipation of our "new normal" is somewhat overwhelming.  But I know that as soon as I meet baby brother, it will be instant love.  Just as I would give my life for Jude, I know I would do the same for this little guy.  And we'll just live life together.  One day, hour, moment at a time.    

And I will admit... even though the newborn stage can be exhausting - I am looking forward to this again.

(Daddy's Father's Day instagram... squishy Jude with Daddy only about 2 weeks old)

Because only a short 14 months later, that little squish becomes this amazing wild boy. 



Baby boy - we can't wait to meet you SOON!!!






2 comments:

  1. I know right where you are!
    You are going to be overflowing with so much love soon, I'm going through sympathy excitement for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, he'll be here so soon! i am sure glad i follow you on instagram now, haha.
    and yah for snuggles from Jude! :)

    ReplyDelete