February 11, 2012

Baby #2 :: 20 weeks

Half-way.  We've made it.  If the next 20 weeks fly by as fast as the previous 20 have... holy moly.  This baby is coming SOON!

I love baby season.  I have one friend who just had a baby this week, one who will likely have one next week, and another who is due in 3 weeks.  Then, one in May, then I know many ladies due in June!  Baby-fever is in the air, my friends!

Anyway.  Enough rambling.  Here's how 20 weeks is treating me.


And here is 20 weeks with Jude.


Aside from looking more tired and having a 10-month-old's snot on my clothes, I think the belly looks about the same.  

We find out in 2 DAYS if this little bean is a boy or girl.  So far everything with this pregnancy has pretty much been the exact same as with Jude.  Same symptoms, everything.  And if I look at the Griffis track-record, they seem to make a lot of boys (although there have been at least a couple girls born to Griffis men).  So, even though I don't have super strong boy vibes like last time, I'm pretty much planning on a house full of boys. 

We shall see. :-)  Monday.


Today's date: February 11, 2012

How far along: 20 weeks

 
Total weight gain:  Approx 3 lbs.  Although I definitely popped about a week ago.


Size and growth of the baby:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
 
Gender: Ultrasound is scheduled for Feb 13!  Twooooo days!


Maternity clothes: Pants, yes.  Shirts, no.


Sleep: I have good and bad nights.  I definitely can't sleep on my stomach anymore. :-(  My hips still ache from when I was pregnant with Jude (never went away).  So, side sleeping is not fun.


Best moment(s) of the week: The anticipation of babies being born!  Also, Mondays are becoming my favorite day of the week. 


Movement: All the time!  It took me a bit longer to feel those bigger kicks, but this baby is just as active as Jude was, now.  I have started to feel it from the outside, but baby won't cooperate anytime Jordan tries to feel.  Little stinker.


Food cravings/aversions: Pretty much, if it is bad for me, I want it.  *sigh*


Morning sickness: I think it is safe to say it is gone.


Symptoms: Still exhausted.  Belly is growing.  Baby is moving.  I'm in the happy time of pregnancy right now. :-)


Labor signs: Way too soon.


Belly button in or out: In.


What I miss: Still my energy.  And stomach sleeping. 


What I'm looking forward to: Monday - of course!  The day starts with Bible Study, then in the afternoon we have our ultrasound, followed by a Valentine's Date with my hubby.  It'll be a good day!


See how things were going when I was 20 weeks pregnant with Jude.   And see what changes are happening in your body at 20 weeks... and then 40... if you dare!

2 comments:

  1. You're looking good, mama! Halfway there is an exciting landmark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've only gained 3 pounds? How'd you manage that one? :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete