February 9, 2012

At the risk of sounding redundant.

What do you write about when you are a stay-at-home mom?

At the risk of sounding redundant... repeating the same ole, same ole of every day.  

I hate to sound like those facebook posts: "Today we ate avocado at lunch... again." {though I confess at times I am guilty as charged}.

But, that is life.  Especially in the winter.  The sun is out {Praise the Lord!}, but it is too cold to go outside.  The days all start to mush together and sometimes it is hard to remember when my feet last left the house.  I've played peek-a-boo a hundred times, and read the same book just as many.  

I get a little stir-crazy.  So, I take a much-needed, emergency Target run.  {A necessity today}.  And then there are moments I just have to stop, and in-between points of survival-mode, to just enjoy the small things.  

Like this.  


And this.


And capture the moments that we all know will be gone before we know it.  


Because just yesterday, he was this.


Now baby G2 is closer to being a newborn than Jude is.  Isn't that a weird thought!!

So, here's to the SAHM's who get stuck in the mundane.  The laundry, the dishes, the poopy diapers {I have dealt with WAY too many of these lately, but that is a different story}, the menu planning, the grocery shopping, the episodes of Elmo's World, the saying of "No!" over and over and over.  {Are you with me?!?}  We are troopers ladies!  This is a different kind of hard.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  I hope you are able to take a minute and stop... and find joy in the day after day, today.


3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! Whenever Piper gets fussy, I can always calm her down by singing the ABCs. Today I sang the ABCs more than any human should have to, but, like you said, I wouldn't have it any other way! Some day she will be all grown up and I will miss these days. So, like you, I do my very best to just enjoy the simpleness of being a SAHM.

    I love that I'm not the only one who seeks my sanity in the aisles of Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, great perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the same here. The same ole thing each day, but then you do stop and watch... They change so fast! I can't believe my some is 18 months old already! It is crazy. Life gets nuts, I can go stir crazy, but at the same time, this is what God made me for. I was put here to be a SAHM. It is just the best! I know you feel it too :) What a blessing!
    This was another great post!!

    ReplyDelete