January 30, 2011

32 weeks.

8 weeks to go.  EIGHT.  I am slowly feeling more and more ready.  We got our crib mattress this weekend, and I washed all the baby clothes and packed the diaper bag the best I could.  :-)  Just because I wanted to.  In the next month or so, I'll work on our hospital bag.  I just want to have that done by the end of February, so I have tons of time.  Still, the weeks are flying by and I can't believe how close we are to meeting our little guy.

Today's date: January 31, 2011

How far along: 32 weeks

Total weight gain: I think I made up for last week.  I was stagnant for a few weeks but just made the jump this week it seems.  Around 23-24lbs gained this week (TOTAL).  I go to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see what his "official" scale says.

Size and growth of the baby: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama - {WHAT is that anyway?!}) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: EVERYTHING!!... and mainly in sweatpants at home.  Jeans are a pain.

Sleep: Still having a difficult time, but I have had a few nights where I have had amazingly good sleep.  I figure it'll be this way until the end, most likely.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  My amazing husband turned 29 this weekend!!  It was a BUSY weekend, full of lots of live music, so you know he was a happy camper.  It was fun to spend time together and go out like that, because in a couple months it'll get a lot more difficult.  Although, I don't think I got to bed before midnight at all the past 3 nights, and that is VERY not normal for me.  I think I will sleep well tonight.

Movement: Lots and lots.  He seems to drift to my right and I get kicked in my right ribs and straight out my right side a lot.  I think he is still head down, but might have really long legs.  I'm sure I'll find out more at my appointment tomorrow.  I am pretty sure he isn't sideways though. 
 
Food cravings/aversions:  I want thai food... and I haven't gotten it yet. 

Morning sickness: None of that nonsense!
 
Symptoms: Pretty constant heartburn. :-P  It doesn't take much at this point.  In general I am feeling pretty squished.  I feel super out of shape - getting winded going up the stairs at work... but I have an excuse. :-)  I am beginning to understand how women feel totally ready to push the baby out by the time their pregnancy is full term.
 
Labor signs:
  Nothing yet.  Not even any braxton hicks.

Belly button in or out:  
I think they call this a "flatty".  Not in our out - just flat.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back or stomach.    And red wine.

What I'm looking forward to:  Dr.'s appointment tomorrow!  I don't think we'll get an ultrasound or anything, but I'm just anxious to hear how this little guy is doing.


What's happening this week:
 
You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz).  His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.  To accommodate you and your baby's growing needs, your blood volume has increased 40 to 50 percent since you got pregnant. With your uterus pushing up near your diaphragm and crowding your stomach, the consequences may be shortness of breath and heartburn {yes and yes}.

 {I've never heard of a jimaca - but apparently my baby weighs as much as this thing}


{and we will only get BIGGER from here... oye!}



3 comments:

  1. C'mon, Jordan...find some Thai food! Ha!

    You normally have a pretty deep belly button, so it will be interesting to see if it can be pushed out. I'm sure the next 2 months will test it more. When do your friends' belly buttons pop?

    One thing this list leaves out is any sign of that brown line down the middle of the belly. With one of you I got it the whole way top to bottom of my belly, and with the other one of you I got it only from the belly button down. I can't remember now which was the first time. It's a rather interesting occurrence.

    BTW, I don't like how it switched from fruit/veggies that compare to the size to those that compare with the weight. We'll have to find things 16.7" long now.

    Love you, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think a lot of my friends belly button's popped at all. I don't think it is necessarily "normal". Also - no line down my belly. I think it would have happened by now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy pete, 32 weeks! That's amazing! You are SOOOO close! I'll bet you are just so anxious to meet your little guy. Sorry to hear about the heartburn...I'm hoping maybe I'll get to skip that symptom, but I'm not holding my breath.

    By the way, you always look so cute...where do you get your maternity clothes??

    ReplyDelete