January 16, 2011

30 weeks.

Another milestone - we are now in the 30's!  30 weeks sounds WAY further along than 29. ;-)  And I'm happy to be here.

Today's date: January 16, 2011

How far along: 30 weeks

Total weight gain: Between 20-21 lbs... happy to see I didn't gain this week.  :-)

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: EVERYTHING!!... and mainly in sweatpants at home.  Jeans are a pain.

Sleep: Getting harder... achy hips... I still hate sleeping on my side.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  Nothing super special this week.  Jordan and I had a mini date day on Saturday and went to the museum to see the "Bodies Revealed Exhibition".  It was especially interesting because they had a fetal development section where you saw actual babies (who unfortunately didn't make it) from 4 weeks to about 22 weeks.  It is crazy to see with your own eyes how fast they grow and it was then crazy to see the largest baby at 22 weeks and know we are even 8 weeks past that.  It also showed a body of a pregnant woman.  Totally amazing. 

Movement: LOTS of movement.  In fact little baby G decided it was play time hard core from about 3am-4am this morning... keeping his mommy awake.

Food cravings/aversions:  Ever since I discovered that chocolate = heart burn/acid reflux, I seem to want it more.  I had some yummy chocolate milk the other day and decided it was at least a little healthy (protein right??).

Morning sickness: Feeling a little blah... more like my stomach is squished and so I feel icky instead of the regular morning sickness.  Still 8-12 weeks to go of that. :-P
 
Symptoms: Achy back.  That is the main thing.
 
Labor signs:
  Nothing yet.  Not even any braxton hicks.

Belly button in or out:  
Nearly flat.  It is actually pretty uncomfortable.

What I miss:  Sleeping on my stomach... bending over... not grunting when I switch sides at night.

What I'm looking forward to:  My very first shower on Saturday!!!


What's happening this week:
 
A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
 

 {baby weighs about as much as a cabbage}
 

1 comment:

  1. 30 weeks!! Yay!! BTW, I bet Jordan misses you not grunting when you switch sides at night, too.:-) I can't wait to be deluged with baby pictures either.:-)

    ReplyDelete