January 2, 2011

28 weeks.

Holy Moly we are in 3rd trimester!!!  Ahh!!  12 weeks until this little one is due to arrive... which could be anywhere from 10-14 weeks (hopefully not earlier).  But I can hardly believe we are in the home stretch.

Today's date: January 2, 2011 {Happy New Year!}

How far along: 28 weeks

Total weight gain: 19 lbs. (according to babycenter.com most women gain 11 pounds in the 3rd trimester... oye!) 

Size and growth of the baby: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: EVERYTHING!!

Sleep: Varies every night.  I still have a hard time getting comfy, but I've been doing okay lately.

Best moment(s) of the week:  Just another week off work!  I was able to get some sewing done and relaxed a LOT.  And we celebrated New Years with our friends. :-)

Movement: He's a movin'... lots and lots!  Now if only he could tell night and day (I know, I know... it is only preparing me for what's to come).

Food cravings/aversions:  Nothing at the moment!

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!
 
Symptoms: Achy back.  Heartburn... it is usually one or the other.
 
Labor signs:
  Nothing yet.  Not even any braxton hicks.

Belly button in or out:  
 In - but definitely feeling shallower!  It is super uncomfortable when Baby G rubs against my belly button... or if I rub against something from the outside.  You know - that icky someone-poked-my-belly-button feeling.  Yick!!

What I miss:  Being able to stand/walk for long periods of time... I am getting more and more achy every day.

What I'm looking forward to: I have another Dr's appt this week.  I don't expect anything exciting to happen, but I think after this I may move to appointments every 2 weeks?!?  


What's happening this week:
 
He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
 


{And as promised... belly shot.  I am not sure I am going to enjoy this as I get huger and huger.}

{I. feel. HUGE... and I still have 12 weeks to go.} 



 
 

2 comments:

  1. 19+11=30 which is just perfect! Exactly what I gained! I got no Braxton Hicks the first time around I don't think, so no worries. Now I need to go to Kroger and look at a Chinese cabbage...I've never paid attention to them before. Your picture is beautiful, btw. And so will be the next one..and the next one...and...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy, You look adorable! Such a cute belly. I enjoy reading your little up dates, so much fun!

    -Kristina

    ReplyDelete