January 23, 2011

31 weeks.

We are now in the single digits, folks!  9 weeks to go (ish).  I had a FANTASTIC weekend and was just so blessed at our shower.  Seriously, my baby has the best aunties in the world.  We are so so blessed to have such an awesome and strong support system as we venture into parenthood.

Anyway... here's the stats.


Today's date: January 23, 2011

How far along: 31 weeks

Total weight gain: Soooo - apparently I lost weight this week.  I'm at about 19.5lbs gained as of my weigh-in this morning.  Not sure how that happened... because I definitely stuffed myself at my shower yesterday.

Size and growth of the baby: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt.

Sex: BOY BOY BOY!!

Maternity clothes: EVERYTHING!!... and mainly in sweatpants at home.  Jeans are a pain.

Sleep: It is getting really frustrating.  I know it is important to sleep on my side, but it is painful for me (my hips/back) and I just can't get comfortable.  I think I need to make an appt with my chiropractor to see if maybe he can adjust some things that will make my hip and back pain not so much.  Although, I figure it is just part of the deal.  I can't complain... I am happy to have a little boy in my belly regardless of how uncomfortable I am.
 
Best moment(s) of the week:  Wonderful baby shower on Saturday.  We got snowed in so we spent Saturday night playing Monopoly with my parents. :-) 

Movement: Lots and lots.  I feel like I am going to miss it when he's out. :-)  But lately it seems like he is trying his darndest to make my belly button pop.  We shall see!

Food cravings/aversions:  Always have a sweet tooth, but resisting it most of the time.  I give in by having some fat free hot chocolate or some chai tea.  I don't like to drink my calories, but those are exceptions.

Morning sickness: None of that nonsense!
 
Symptoms: I am feeling really good (aside from the sleep issue).  So I guess tiredness.  I am really hoping this nesting thing kicks in soon.
 
Labor signs:
  Nothing yet.  Not even any braxton hicks.

Belly button in or out:  
I think this babe is on a mission to push it out.  So far he has not been successful.  I am also thankful for NO stretch marks and hope that it stays that way.

What I miss:  Still sleeping on my back or stomach.    And maybe red wine.

What I'm looking forward to:  My hubby's 29th Birthday is Friday!!  We have a fun weekend planned - traveling to South Bend to see The Avett Brothers in concert (thanks to Ben & Krista!!). 


What's happening this week:
 
He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

{baby G weighs about as much as 4 naval oranges - around 3.3lbs}

1 comment:

  1. Just do it. Tomorrow. Call Dr. L. You'll never know if he can help or not unless you go. Tomorrow.

    I had fun this weekend, too...even if you clobbered us (me) in Monopoly. I'm glad we got snowed in.:-)

    ReplyDelete