November 23, 2012

i owe my gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving from us to you.

We spent the day at my parent's house and was joined by my hubby's three younger brothers, and some of my parents long-time friends who drove up from Indiana.  It was a random mix of people, but I'm so glad that the table was full.  I'm glad that all who were there were welcome, loved, and considered family in one way or another.

A last minute, "hey, we need a Thanksgiving photo" photo.  Squirmy boys and all.

I don't think there has been a time in my life more marked my gratitude.  I owe some to reading Ann Voskamp's, One Thousand Gifts, for opening my eyes to the joy at the other end.

I owe some gratitude to my children.  For giving me child's eyes that see the world in all its newness.  Life is so beautiful and so joyful when viewed from down low.

I owe some gratitude to my husband, who daily expresses his own gratitude to me.  He is thankful for me, and I him.  More than he will ever know.  

I owe some gratitude to the ladies in my life who spur me on and encourage me to view the world with a WORD perspective.  The ladies I see weekly and the ladies whose words I read and I never see.  All of you are such a tremendous encouragement and are so special to me.

I owe all of my gratitude to the Lord.  For choosing me and saving me and giving me eternity with Him.  For the blessing of the life I have, for which I am so very grateful.  

So much that I don't deserve.

But I am blessed.  There is no doubt about that.  

Thank you thank you thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment