April 7, 2012

Baby #2 :: 28 weeks

We are in 3rd trimester!  Ummm... wow?  When did that happen?  Again... can't believe how fast time is flying.

But, here we are.


Today's date: April 7, 2012

How far along: 28 weeks

Total weight gain: 15 lbs.   

Size and growth of the baby: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels.

Sex: Still a baby brother!

Maternity clothes: Umm...EVERYTHING!!

Sleep: Varies every night.  I still have a hard time getting comfy, but I've been doing okay lately.

Best moment(s) of the week:  I loved having a little ladies get-away on Monday and Tuesday.  I spent my first night away from Jude and it went better than expected!!  

Movement: He is crazy.  We are getting to the point where I have to have regular talks with him to tell him NOT to suddenly jab Mama in the bladder and that really, the ribs are not the most comfortable place for him to take a nap.

Food cravings/aversions:  Nothing really, except that I can't eat as much when I eat and then I'm starving 2 hours later again.

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!
 
Symptoms: I never had this with Jude, but my feet just ache.  Sometimes they feel swollen, but I don't think they actually have by looking at them.  They just ache and throb.
 
Labor signs:
  Braxton hicks here and there, but not daily right now.

Belly button in or out:  
 In - but definitely feeling shallower!  And my belly-button is SUPER sensitive.  Yick!

What I miss:  Probably my abs.  Not the fact that I ever had a six-pack (because I didn't), but just using those muscles for everyday things.  Like rolling over in bed.  And moving like a normal person.  Picking up toys off the floor is getting to be a task.  I didn't have to do that when I was pregnant with Jude. :-)

What I'm looking forward to: Easter is tomorrow!  I have another Dr's appt this week.  And a few play-dates lined up.  Then next weekend is a little get-away before baby brother arrives!  


See how things were going when I was 28 weeks pregnant with Jude!


...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe your 3rd trimester is already here . . . crazy. And I can't imagine being pregnant AND having to take care of another little one while going through it all!

    ReplyDelete