April 12, 2012

{thankful}

Today I am thankful for...

...the ability for me to stay home to raise my son(s).  I know not many get this privilege.  But, somehow, even though we didn't specifically "plan" for me to, I am able to stay home full-time.  A real blessing.  Exhausting, yes.  But I love that I get to see so many of Jude's firsts and little quirky behaviors as he learns about the world.  Like yesterday, when he grabbed the monitor and walked around the house holding it in the air, shaking his head "no".  That is his thing lately, shaking his head "no" to things he knows are off-limits or no-no's... and doing them anyway.  I don't really care if he plays with the monitor, but it was too cute.


And pointing to the cat as she is at her water dish, and shaking his head "no-no".  Because that is probably my #1 battle with him.  We do NOT eat dog/cat food or put toys in the water dish.  Apparently he wanted to communicate that the dish was off limits to the cat as well.  He's catching on. ;-)


I am thankful for...

...my incredible husband who works. his. tail. off. to provide for our family.  Financially, spiritually, domestically (yeah - I'll admit - he is way tidier than I am).  He did all of the dishes after dinner last night, so I wouldn't have to.  He cleans the cat litter every two days.  He cleans the bathroom and scrubs the tub (because I hate to).  He gets up to meet with the Lord every morning and prays for our family.  He comes home and takes on daddy-duty and wrestles with Jude to tire him out before bed.  He tells me I'm beautiful even when I feel like a whale.  He drives everywhere we go without complaining, even though he drives all over the state all day for his job.  

Pretty cool guy. ;-)  


I am thankful for...

... a long Friday to Monday weekend.  Hubby took some vacation time so we can make some memories as a family of three before it gets even more crazy.  I plan to read, sleep, kick the hubby's butt in Scrabble, and snuggle my little boy LOTS AND LOTS.


I am thankful for...

... this cup of coffee.
  

That is almost gone.  


I am thankful for...

... a God who loves me too much to let me stay my same, sinful, prideful self.  Even when it isn't easy.  I'm being challenged to memorize more scripture.  I have never been good at memorization.  Or maybe I should say, I have never put much effort into it.  Not good.  After reading this passage this week, I feel like this is something that needs to be hidden in my heart.
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”  To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. {Romans 12:9-21}


I am thankful for...

... my second baby boy ever so wiggly in my belly.  I had a fantastic OB appointment yesterday.  The doctor had to laugh at how active my boy was as he was trying to get a heartbeat.  I also scheduled my c-section date and can say that we are less than 11 weeks away from meeting this little pumpkin.  Oh, yes, I am having another c-section {unless God has other plans}... I can talk about that later.  But I am thankful for my OB and his surgeon skills and the peace of mind I have in that decision. :-)


I am thankful for...

... my 1 year old, who is now awake from his nap.  I am going in to take advantage of some sleepy snuggles.



What are you thankful for today?




a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut



2 comments:

  1. I came here from Jenna's blog because I need to invite you to her "virtual baby shower"--could you email me at vraklis@yahoo.com so I can send you the details?

    As for this post, I love it. I do a "thankful thursdays" post every week and it is slowly but surely changing the Negative Nancy spirit I've had all my life. :)

    I loved reading about your husband and children--what blessings! Great scripture. <3 Today, I'm thankful for God's plan for me and my family. We had bad news that my husband didn't get the job we were both hoping for, but we know this only means there will be another door opened to him and hopefully it will be even better. In any case, I'm grateful for His plan because I know it's the best one...whether I like it or not! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post! I think it so helpful and healthy to sit down and write about the things for which we are thankful, and you did it so well!

    Congrats on scheduling your c-section! How exciting to know how long you have to go!!

    ReplyDelete