January 28, 2012

Dear Jude :: 10 months

My sweet crazy boy,



You clearly are a busy boy!

You are no longer in the single-digits, but such a big boy at 10 months old!  And what a monumental month it has been.

Let's start with the obvious.


You are sitting up, pulling up, standing up by everything.  And badly badly want to walk.  You sometimes forget that you can't (without support) and will just let go and take a tumble.  I think the days are numbered before you actually do take those first steps.  Life is different now with such a mobile baby!  We've had to up the baby-proofing to keep you safe.  You are actually a pretty obedient baby so far (knock on wood).  You understand "no" and will often listen without a fuss.  Sometimes you get really sad when Mama has to get stern with you, but overall, you listen great.


You are still taking two naps a day, but have started to show signs that you might be ready for one nap before long.  Your naps are usually at 10am and 2/2:30pm.  You go to bed around 7-7:30pm and wake up at 8am most days.  You get three 6-8 oz bottles a day!  One at 8am when you first wake up, one around 2pm, and one around 7pm before bed.  You are no longer eating any purees, but basically eat what we eat.  I pretty much just have to share my lunch with you every day. :-)  I don't mind.


You still love playing with Daddy ("ah-da!") and Macy (Doggy, aka "dugg-uh").  Lately you've enjoyed chasing Macy around the house... which basically looks like you squealing with joy while Macy runs in circles around you.  You love your Touch and Feel books and legos you got for Christmas.  Oh, and let's not forget Praise Baby.


The world stops for Praise Baby.  This continues to be the only TV show that grabs your attention.  It has been a life-saver for me, as I just plop you in your jumperoo and put it on for 10-15 minutes so I can grab a shower.  And it is the only time you will sit in my lap and snuggle.  I usually put it on for 10-15 minutes to wind down before naptime and get a few extra snuggles from my boy.


I'm not sure how big you are.  I'm guessing at least 21lbs and close to 30" if not more.  You don't have another doctors appointment until 1 year (what?!?!), so it'll be awhile before we get fully accurate measurements.


You are finally getting over a cold that was hanging around for the past month.  Luckily, it seemed to be just a cough, but it has prevented us from going to church for the past 3 weeks!  I'm eager to get you back to church and used to the nursery, since we have only had one successful Sunday in the nursery so far!

You clap when you are excited, or when you copy Mama and Daddy clapping.  You have started signing "More" and "All Done", although only on your own terms. :-)  You will point to things when asked.  Light, cup, doggy, kitty-cat, Mama, Daddy, etc.


It is just crazy to me that you are basically a toddler.  This huge transformation from baby to little boy is happening right before my eyes.  We love you oh, so much, little boy!  Happy 10 months.

Love,

Mama


3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog....looove your blog header :)
    your boy's eyes are beautiful!! OH, and we have Praise Baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise Baby saves Mamaw, too...when my back is breaking from walking him all over the house over and over! It's fun to share smiles with him at the cute or funny pictures. I love him oh so much too! (Especially his juicy kisses.) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my GOSH you have a redhead! ahhh, i'm partial. sorry. and i did not get any redhead babies even though i, um, HAVE red hair. jude is precious. thanks for your comment on my blog a couple days ago! i wanted to say just google the youtube tutorial for "no heat curls" and voila. its amazing and has totally changed my hair-life. :)

    ReplyDelete