January 15, 2012

Baby #2 :: 16 weeks

Is it really time to do this again?  I mean, is it possible that time is actually moving faster?  Man, it sure feels like it.

Then, I see a picture of my belly and realize, yep... it's growing... this is really happening.


Okay, so I am actually literally quite shocked at how big my belly looks in this picture.  Holy moly.  Granted, I did just get back from a delicious fondue dinner with the gals at house church.  But still.  Wowzers.  I was almost too embarrassed to post this, but here we are. ;-)

Today's date: January 15, 2011

How far along: 16 weeks + 1 day

Total weight gain:  None!!!  But look at that belly!  I must be losing from somewhere else in order for this to make sense.

Size and growth of the baby: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

Gender: Ultrasound is scheduled for Feb 13!!!

Maternity clothes: Just today I retired my skinny jeans and brought out my maternity "skinny jeans".  The comfort is worth it.

Sleep: Actually the past few nights have not been all that bad.  I'm finding more pillows = necessary.

Best moment(s) of the week: LOVED dinner with the house church gals tonight.  Otherwise, I can't for the life of me think of what happened to this week.

Movement: I feel little sporadic bumps and nudges here and there, but nothing consistent yet.  Although, I DO know I have an anterior placenta, so that will make it a lot different from Jude, who was a crazy man in utero.

Food cravings/aversions: Salty... potato chips, pretzels, popcorn... mmmm.

Morning sickness: I think it is safe to say it is gone.

Symptoms: Exhaustion, a bit of cramping, bloating, headaches (although they are diminishing).

Labor signs: Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: In.

What I miss: Still my energy.  Where did it go??  And when do I get it back??

What I'm looking forward to: I start a new bible study tomorrow that I am very excited about.  Then Friday I have another Dr. appointment.  The following Monday our house is getting appraised (for refinance... lots of prayers that it goes well please!!!), which could save us loads of money.  Then on the 28th my hubby turns 30!!!!!  Yikes! ;-)

See how things were going when I was 16 weeks pregnant with Jude. (and please don't tell me how much huger I am this time... I know.)

3 comments:

  1. Jude is a crazy man OUT utero...:-D Can't wait for Feb.13th to see who's in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you look that much bigger than the first time around! You look radiant. =) I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete