December 17, 2011

Baby #2 :: 12 weeks

Well, here we are!  Baby #2 is well on his/her way and it's time for the first monthly update!  Craziness.


Today's date: December 17, 2011

How far along: 12 weeks

Total weight gain:  None.  I'm actually about 6-7lbs under where I was when I got pregnant with Jude.  Although I look like I'm about a month further along.

Size and growth of the baby: From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a plumb) and weighs half an ounce.   His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. 

Sex: Too soon.

Maternity clothes: I'm refusing maternity clothes.  Funny how different it is from the first time around.  I couldn't get into those stretchy pants soon enough the first time.  Now I am cherishing my skinny jeans because I know how sick I'm going to get of them in about 6 months.  But I may or may not be leaving my pants unbuttoned these days.

Sleep: I suck at sleep when I'm pregnant.  Thank goodness Jude has been an amazing sleeper lately.

Best moment(s) of the week: My appetite has returned!!  It is amazing to eat like a normal person!!

Movement: Too soon to feel, though it's happening. :)

Food cravings/aversions: None today!!  Yippee!!

Morning sickness: Here and there.  I feel great today, so I REALLY hope this means we're over it.

Symptoms: Exhaustion, a bit of cramping, bloating, headaches.

Labor signs: Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: In.

What I miss: My energy.  It's different with an almost-9-month-old using you as a human jungle-gym.  Oh, to have my energy back.  I can't wait for 2nd tri.

What I'm looking forward to: Another Dr. appt on Thursday and 2nd trimester on Saturday!  Oh, and Christmas on Sunday.  And Jude's 9 month birthday on the following Wednesday.  Holy moly where has time gone??

See how things were going when I was 12 weeks pregnant with Jude.

2 comments: