September 13, 2010

12 weeks!

Well - I THOUGHT that I was over the nausea, but this morning I woke up not feeling so hot again.  I do think I am on the up-swing, and am VERY grateful to have my appetite back.  On another note - I am stopping progesterone today.  I have been on 200-400mg of progesterone since 6 weeks pregnant.  It should be fine to stop now, as the placenta has fully taken over.  It does make me slightly nervous, as I know it is needed to sustain a pregnancy, but I trust my Dr. and he says taking it at this point would make absolutely no difference since the placenta is producing it.  Also - he said taking it too long can make little boys look like little girls (YIKES!!).  So... I am stopping. :-)  Okay - updates!!

Today's date: September 13, 2010


How far along: 12 weeks 1 day


Total weight gain: Still ZERO.  Couldn't tell it by looking at me though. 


Size and growth of the baby: From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a plumb) and weighs half an ounce.   His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. 


Sex: Too soon.


Maternity clothes: Bella Band is a must, except for 1 pair of jeans.  The girls at work can see a noticeable difference in the past week.  To the rest of the world, I just look chunky.


Sleep: I am getting up at least once a night to go to the bathroom...sometimes twice. Sleep is still good, beside that.


Best moment(s) of the week: My appetite has returned!!  It is amazing to eat like a normal person!!


Movement: Too soon to feel, though it's happening. :)


Food cravings/aversions: None today!!  Yippee!!


Morning sickness: Back a little bit this morning, but overall seems to be going away.


Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, bloated belly.


Labor signs: Way too soon.


Belly button in or out: In.


What I miss: I feel like now that I have an appetite, I need to be more health conscious.  When I was sick and had no appetite, I literally ate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that sounded remotely good.  I had to or else I would starve.  Now, I feel like I gotta cut back on the ice cream and fast food.  


What I'm looking forward to: Getting out of 1st trimester (3 days to go)!!  And my next Dr. appt on Thursday!!  YAY!

What's going on this week:


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.




No comments:

Post a Comment