September 16, 2010

Normal.

I am officially "normal"... and have never been happier to BE NORMAL.  

I had a Dr.'s appt today and he came in and checked the heartbeat, and asked if I had an uneventful two weeks (which is good).  He found the heartbeat immediately and said my uterus is growing as it should.  It is exciting, because now I can feel it higher up in my abdomen, so I knew it was growing!  The heartbeat is in the 160's... and not sure what to think of that.  The old wives tale says I am having a girl (if the heartbeat is over 140) but I know PLENTY of people who had boys and their heartbeats were in the 160's and 170's.  I am still feeling more boy vibes than girl.  I think this is partially wishful thinking, because at this point I am solid on my boy name (which is kept secret for now) and I cannot for the life of me find a girl name I am in love with.  All of this probably means that I am having a girl.  But - I scheduled the appointment and we will know FOR SURE on November 10!!  8 whole weeks away.  I'm praying that it goes fast.

On another note - I just have to say that I have the most amazing husband.  For a majority of the past 3 months, I have been pretty worthless around the house.  I come home, nap from 4-6 (or 7), eat (kind of - what I can manage), and am usually feeling too crappy to do much in the evenings.  Right now, the nausea is gone (except for the fact that I sporadically vomited last night - don't know what that was about), but I have HEADACHES like crazy.  My Dr. said take 2 extra strength tylenol and drink some coffee or anything with caffeine.  He said one cup is fine and should take the edge off my headaches.  I am looking forward to trying it, because it has been miserable.  Anyway - all to say that I have NOT done the dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. for quite some time.  My husband has managed to keep the house looking picked up and served me hand and foot until I get over this.  I can't tell you how many times he's run to Taco Bell or Wendy's because that is the ONLY thing I want to eat.  He's the best. :-)

2nd trimester is only 3 days away.  I can't WAIT!!  Not that I think it is going to be a switch and I am going to amazingly feel completely better, but I know I am on the upswing of the nausea part.  This also means I will start looking pregnant instead of chunky.  I have a whole bunch of maternity clothes I can't wait to wear.  And I just got an email that Gap is having a 50% off sale so my maternity wardrobe just might grow again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment