September 19, 2010

13 weeks.

I am officially in 2nd trimester!!  Woo hoo!!  I feel SO relieved to be here.  I feel like I am able to relax and enjoy this stage of pregnancy.  I can't wait to look pregnant.  I feel my waist line growing, but I still don't look pregnant.  Soon enough.  :-)

One thing that has been heavy on my heart is what to do about work when the baby comes.  I always saw myself as a stay at home mom.  However, I am now in a job that I love at an organization that I seriously believe is the best ever.  Sometimes I can't imagine giving this up.  They are willing to be flexible with me schedule-wise, but I constantly go back and forth with what I should do.  Jordan has always wanted me to stay home.  Financially - we'd have to make some real lifestyle changes, but we could live off his income.  But in some ways, I feel if I stayed home, I'd be mourning the end of a career that barely started.  But I can't help but wonder if I'd regret not giving my full attention to my kids, as my mom did.  It is a hard decision... and I need prayer for it.  So, if you think of it - lift me up. :-)  Jordan and I were talking about this the other night over chinese food (I was CRAVING it... and had a coupon for buy one get one free buffet... win win situation there).  And this was my fortune.


Haha.  Whether I work, work at home, or stay home... I think it is clear that my line of work is soon going to be changing in some capacity. :-)  I have some time to make my final decision about work, but I would like to give my work an answer so they can adjust accordingly with plenty of time (even if I stay working, I would not be able to work in the office 4 days a week).

Anyway... 13 week update!!

Today's date: September 19, 2010

How far along: 13 weeks (2nd TRIMESTER!!)

Total weight gain: Still nothing.  Not complaining though.

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a peach, about 2.9" and about .81oz.  Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body.

Sex: Gender ultrasound is scheduled for November 10!!!  I'll be just over 20 weeks. :-)  I still feel like I would be shocked if it was a girl.

Maternity clothes: I gave in and put on the maternity jeans today.  I can still button my regular jeans but they are tight and getting more uncomfortable.  I am not a real fan of the bella band, but I will continue to use it for my work pants.  That one pair of jeans is still the only one I can button.  Maternity jeans are soooo comfy.  I don't know why all pants are just elastic anyway.

Sleep: Sleeping good... some crazy dreams happening lately.  Getting up to pee more often.

Best moment(s) of the week: Hearing the heartbeat again on Thursday!  The doctor picked it up with the doppler right away and said we are 99% in the clear.  I am now considered completely normal and don't have another appointment until 16 weeks.

Movement: Too soon to feel, though it's happening. :)  I hope I can feel it in about a month or so.

Food cravings/aversions: MUCH MUCH better.  I feel like I am having more cravings than aversions in this stage.  So far this week, I have craved fast food, chinese food, and spaghetti.

Morning sickness: Feeling pretty good these days!

Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, expanding belly.

Labor signs:
Way too soon.

Belly button in or out:
In.

What I miss:
Nothing right now.

What I'm looking forward to:
Feeling the baby move... looking pregnant.


What's going on this week:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.  Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment