August 5, 2010

WOW.

That is all I have to say.  Okay, maybe not... but it pretty much sums up this past month or so.

I know I haven't been around lately, but I promise I have good reason.  You see, on July 5 I FINALLY ovulated... and I, thinking that I can't get pregnant without clomid, didn't think much of it.  In fact, when I started bleeding around 9-10 days later, I called my doctor and have in my possession my next cycle of clomid.  However, that bleeding lasted for a day and then disappeared.  I thought that was odd... I also was SUPER SUPER moody and Jordan told me I was acting like I was pregnant... so I decided to test and low and behold WE ARE PREGNANT... AGAIN!?!?!?!

Did that seriously just happen to us???  To US?!  Who tried for a year with no luck and only got pregnant on fertility drugs and lose it... did we seriously just get pregnant without help?!?

So we're thrilled!!  Although this past week has been tainted because I started spotting.  I was terrified because this is around the same time my miscarriage started last time.  It is very different this time though.  The spotting subsided after 2 days instead of turning into full flow after 24 hours.  My hCG is in the tens of thousands instead of the lowly 700 that it was before when I miscarried.  And after a whole lot of frustration and a switch of my OB doctor, I got in today for an ultrasound.  And there was our little bean, with his/her heart flickering away at 120 beats per minute!!!!!

I am on cloud nine.  God is good and I never EVER thought we would be blessed in this way.  But there is indeed a baby growing inside of me, and it has a heart beat!!

I am due March 27, 2011. :-)  And I just realized that today at 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant... the day I saw my babe's heartbeat for the first time, is the same day that miscarried everything last time.  My fears have subsided for the time being and I am just enjoying pregnancy... nausea, food aversions, sore boobs and all.  I am thrilled and SO SO SO blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed and I am thankful that you are sick too! You have been wanting that for a long time! :-) You and Jordan have had an up and down rollercoaster with this and I hope it is smooth sailing from here!

    ReplyDelete