August 21, 2010

176.

I think a baby's heartbeat is the most beautiful sound in the world.  I remember clearly at the ER at the end of May, going to the ER and just hoping and waiting for a heartbeat that I never heard.  I am finding myself very emotional about our loss today - even though I know there is a bouncing gummy baby inside of me right now.  I am SO happy to have this baby, but still so sad that I was never able to make it this far with my first baby.  It is a weird mix of emotions.  It is hard for me to be TRULY excited without a good dose of fear.  Especially because I have been bleeding/spotting for my ENTIRE pregnancy.  God - your lesson on sovereignty is understood!  It is OUT of my hands!!

But, I have good news.  Three days ago I had a doctors appt at 8 weeks 3 days and I heard my gummy baby's heartbeat again.  176.  Nice and strong.  He said I am not bleeding from my uterus, but my cervix and it is nothing to worry about.  Well... I still worry.  So long as there is blood - I will worry, but I am becoming a bit more numb to it at least.

I will be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow! (Yippee!!) And in 2 weeks I get to stop progesterone supplements, which will hopefully aide in me feeling better.  And in 4 weeks I will be in 2nd trimester (finally) and have another doctors appt where we will hopefully hear the heartbeat yet again.

Still praying for my gummy baby... stick baby stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment