August 15, 2010

8 weeks.

Today's date: August 15, 2010

How far along: 8 weeks

Total weight gain: I think -2 pounds... NO appetite and tons of food aversions.  I think I'll easily be within the 3-5 pound range for 1st trimester.

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a raspberry, about .63". Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though it can't be felt yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

Sex: Too soon... but feeling boy vibes.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I couldn't help but order some $17 jeans from Old Navy and some work pants.  I also got some hand-me-down maternity clothes from friends.  It will probably be awhile before I wear them though.

Sleep: I am getting up at least once a night to go to the bathroom...sometimes twice. Sleep is still good, beside that.

Best moment(s) of the week: Probably yesterday... when I finally felt truly pregnant with all the symptoms hitting at once.  It felt totally awful, but was the reassurance I was praying for that things are growing like they should.

Movement: Too soon to feel, though it's happening. :)

Food cravings/aversions: I feel like I am having aversions to most things... and can only stomach a few select things... it is string cheese, bananas, apples with peanut butter, cereal, and pasta for me.  I ate some Taco Bell last night and half way though I couldn't do it anymore... and strangely enough the same thing happened with a bowl of ice cream today.  I thought for sure I could do ice cream, but I guess not.

Morning sickness: Yeah - hit like a bomb yesterday... only I have evening/night sickness and not morning sickness.

Symptoms: Fatigue, headaches, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (is this TMI yet??)... all these symptoms seem to have a mind of their own though.  One day I'll feel totally great and another they will all hit at once.

Labor signs:
Way too soon.

Belly button in or out:
In... not even close to showing yet.

What I miss:
My appetite.

What I'm looking forward to:
Getting out of 1st trimester!!  And my next Dr. appt and ultrasound on Wednesday!!  YAY!


What's going on this week:

Your baby is developing at an amazing rate during these early weeks. Eyelid folds and ears are forming. Your baby's eyes are still very wide apart on the sides of her head, but will eventually center themselves out. The tip of the nose is actually present at this time as well. On ultrasound you can see that the aortic and pulmonary valves of the heart are present. The tubes that lead from the throat to lungs are branching and your baby's torso is getting longer and beginning to straighten out. Just a few weeks ago, your baby's arms were tiny buds. Now the elbows are actually present and the arms and legs extend forward and have grown longer. Fingers and toes are becoming visible also.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment