May 26, 2010

Remembering.

Okay... so this is my third post for the day (can you tell I have a lot on my mind?). 

I have been wanting to do something to remember this whole experience by.  The truth is that we have a baby in heaven and I want to do something here on earth to show it how important it is to me and that I will not forget.  I've heard of people planting trees and stuff like that.  However, when we move, that can't come with us and I think I would really not like that.  I heard of people getting memorial rings and I really liked that idea.  I didn't like the ones I found online that had cheesy and obvious inscriptions like "until we meet in heaven" or whatever.  I thought about a birth stone ring... this baby would have been due January 14, but as I got thinking more I think May is a more significant month for us.  It is literally the month everything happened.  I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month is when we lost the baby.  So I decided on May, which is an emerald.

After an afternoon of searching, I found this.
The rings go together and the small one is an emerald and the large one is a "clear crystal cabachon" (whatever that is).  I found it on Etsy and it is obviously not intentionally a "memorial" ring.  Anyway... I just feel like the symbolism here is PERFECT for how I feel right now.  The small ring is in remembrance of our little one... the large one representing our faith and hope for our future children and family.  We embrace this loss, but move forward and hold tight to God's promise.  This just speaks to me and I am so so so excited for this to come in.  It just makes my heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment