October 28, 2012

New directions.

If you've visited my site lately (not via iPhone or reader), you'll see that I'm making a few changes 'round here.  So, consider me *under construction* for the time being.  Links don't work.  Format isn't certain.  But, it will be finished soon.  And I'll continue to post in the meantime!

Also, I have been contemplating my vision for this blog.  I've mentioned a few times before that I want to write more.  I truly want to use this blog as an encouragement to my fellow Mamas who are also in the trenches with their little ones.  I also want to document my own life.  And just simply write when I feel like it.  I don't know why I've been so timid to just let my thoughts flow lately, but I have.  I am thinking I just need to log on and write my heart more often.

I used to follow a blog (which is no longer being posted on) called "click clink five" where she would write for five minutes every day about whatever came to mind.  This is a great exercise in writing and sometimes I would love to do that (but am scared of the commitment).  Also, after reading One Thousand Gifts I have thought of doing a regular gratitude posts to keep me accountable.  I know it doesn't need to be formal, but I want purpose to my writing as well.  I'm not sure how I want to approach writing in this busy, precious season of life.  To use this platform wisely.  

So, that's what's on my mind right now.

Any thoughts from fellow bloggers?

...

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about "having a vision" about your blog.. What's it's purpose? What will it do for others, but also what will it do for you, the writer? I'm in the process of writing a post about being a bit more real - sharing the current struggles instead of glossing over things once they've resolved. I guess my main thoughts: Keep up your honest approach - it's refreshing to hear what you're going through - what you love, what you struggle with, and what's just going on with you. Ultimately, this is *your* blog, so make it your own (though I think you definitely have) :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I look forward to reading the updates on your blog!!

      Delete