October 22, 2012

Lately...

Lately...

I've been feeling the itch to blog again.  But, I gotta admit I feel a little rusty.  A little out of practice.  But my passion for sharing life with other women is getting the best of me.  I feel like I gotta follow this urging.  So expect to hear more from me. :-)

My sister was here a couple of weeks ago.  LOVED having her back.  I told my hubby, I just feel more normal when she's around. Haha!  Ya know when someone is the same kind of weird?  Anyway.  Miss her.  


My Monday morning bible study has started back up, and those ladies are a breath of fresh air!  It's so sweet to share this season of mommyhood with those ladies.  I leave encouraged every week to continue to seek Jesus in my marriage and parenting, despite all of our imperfectness.

Isaac rolled over for the first time today.  Not sure how I feel about my baby doing big-boy things like rolling over.  But I sure do love love love this age. 

I'm trying to de-clutter my life.  In the sense that, I often put too many expectations and demands on myself.  Things that nobody has asked of me, but I just feel like I should be doing.  Like super-mom things.  I'm learning to let go of good, so I can focus on the few best.  Many of these things I am choosing to let go of in this season are things that I love to do, but in order to find some sort of balance, to pursue what is best, it is necessary.  

Jude has the most hilarious and cheesy smile when you ask him to smile for the camera.  It just kills me.  Just take a look.



I've been doing the #shereadstruth study the past month or so.  All it is is getting into the word daily, but along with thousands of other women around the world.  We just started Philippians.  Check it out.  www.shereadstruth.com

I'm one chapter shy of finishing Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts.  It has most definitely challenged my perspective on, well, life.  I'd like to highlight some of my favorite quotes from the book here sometime in the near future as well.  I have many books on my to-read list, but would love to hear what reading has rocked your world lately.


Oh, and today is my last day of being 27.  Happy Birthday to me tomorrow!  Why does 28 sound so much older than 27??


3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and encouraging words of balance & letting go a bit! Wishing you a fun-filled, joyful birthday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for coming back to blogging! :) I am slowly but surely reading Grace Based Parenting, and am absolutely loving it. For me, it's acting as so much more than just parenting advice, but some truth about grace that I really need in my life right now. :)
    Also, happy, happy birthday!!! Hope your day rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete