May 8, 2012

Baby #2 :: 32 weeks

Holy baby belly!!  32 weeks and going strong.  The belly has officially taken over.  

And as of today, May 8, we are an official 50 days away from meeting the newest little punkin that will be joining our family.

Consider this your eviction notice, baby boy. :-)


No, I did not stuff a basketball under my shirt, contrary to how it appears.  


And this photo has convinced me to stop attempting to fit into non-maternity clothes.  Just not working out.  

So here's the low down on baby #2:

Today's date: May 7, 2012

How far along: 32 weeks + 3 days

Total weight gain: 20-21 lbs.   

Size and growth of the baby: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama - {a what?}) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby.

Sex: Still a baby brother!

Maternity clothes: See picture above.  I am now convinced I have a need for maternity clothes.

Sleep: Hips and pelvic bone ACHE.  Rolling over is painful.  But I'm still sleeping most of the night, thanks to Unisom from time to time.

Best moment(s) of the week:  We are working on Jude's big boy room!  So, that is exciting!  I can't wait to see it come together.

Movement: I'm not sure when (if?) this boy sleeps.  He is crazy active.  Sitting and watching my belly is way more entertaining than any TV show.

Food cravings/aversions:  I'm loving the sour stuff.  I bought a bunch of lemons a couple of weeks ago at the grocery store.  And this weekend got some sour patch kids. Mmmm.  

Morning sickness: Not feeling nauseous if that is the question.
 
Symptoms: I am about 99% sure I have pubic symphysis diastasis.  Basically your pubic bone loosening and separating due to the relaxin in your body.  It is PAINFUL.  I feel like I am about to split in half.  Walking hurts.  Rolling over in bed hurts.  Even sitting hurts.  The cure?  Stop being pregnant.  *sigh*  I plan to get a hip brace postpartum to help things go back where they should be, especially since I still felt hip pain after Jude was born.
 
Labor signs:
  Braxton hicks here and there, but not daily right now.

Belly button in or out:  
 I think it is as out as it can go.

What I miss:  Not being pregnant.  I told Jordan, even if I say I want more kids - MAKE ME WAIT at least 2 years before having the conversation!!!  My body needs a break from pregnancy.  Badly.

What I'm looking forward to: A doctors appointment tomorrow and then mother's day weekend!  


See how things were going when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Jude!


.
.
.

2 comments:

  1. Been there done that with that pubic symphysis diastasis...with you! Very painful. But not for much longer!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah! you look so adorable!! sorry you're having so much pain though :( that sucks.
    i had to LOL at the maternity clothes comment....i totally remember doing that when i was pregnant with molly!! :)

    ReplyDelete