June 27, 2011

I'll get better at this blogging thing, I promise.

Have I been M.I.A. lately or what?  I'm sure a little bit of that has to do with the WAHM status in my last post. :-)  But we're getting by.  I am up to my eyeballs in life.  And I love it.  I was telling Jordan the other day how being a mama is just an amazing experience.  To watch this little life bloom and discover the world in a different way every day.  It is fascinating and I feel so honored to be able to experience it.  Being a mama is by far, the best thing I have ever done.  I look forward to every little milestone.

Lately - we are into standing.  I don't have any pictures to show you, but when this boy starts moving we are IN TROUBLE.  A few weeks ago he discovered sitting up.  He loves sitting just holding onto my fingers.  Then he discovered that he can stand on his own two feet.  Of course he can't by himself.  He is so bitty yet, but he loves standing holding onto my fingers.  His little knees shake and wobble and he thinks it is THE BEST.  I love watching his proud little face as he tackles these new achievements.  What's next?  Rolling over?  Maybe... but first I think we need to be a bit more o.k. with tummy time.  Still a nightmare. :-(

I realized since I started work I've been lacking in the photo-taking area.  Also the blog area... and the sewing area... and the "me-time" area.  I'm hoping that as life gets some sort of rhythm that I'll fit that in again.  But I MUST keep taking pictures of my guy!  He is 3 months old tomorrow.  THREE.  Yes, 3.  That is a quarter of a YEAR OLD!!  No way.  No freaking way.  And I hardly have enough pictures to document month 2-3 of life.  I WILL change that.

Anyway.  A couple of weeks ago we joined the whole Griffis fam for a celebration with Jordan's Grandparents.  They celebrated their 60th anniversary this month and we partied Griffis-style for sure!  We ate and sang together and all had matching t-shirts expressing the legacy that Roy & Eileen Griffis have created.  60 years is just amazing.  When I went to get an Anniversary Card for them they only went up to 50 years, so 60 must be spectacular. ;-)  I can't wait to live that much life with Jordan... well... I CAN wait, but to know that will be us someday is amazing.  Here are a few snapshots of the evening:

All the GREAT-grandkids.

CAUGHT!!  Little thumb-sucker!! :-)

Jude & his Grandpa Griffis.

3 comments:

  1. I love your positive outlook on everything that might not be quite so positive. Thanks for the inspiration : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be curious to know if our families are related... There aren't too many Griffis' I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great celebration! I hope they make it to 70 years like Grandma and Grandpa Haddix. What a great legacy to have on both sides of your family!:-)

    ReplyDelete